Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Peter Wareing

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

10 Neutral

About Peter Wareing

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  1. Hi there! This is quite a long one, but I'll try and keep it as brief as possible! I'm a 21 year old student currently in my final year of University studying Building Surveying and have thought about of going to Australia/New Zealand for a few years but never thought it would be financially possible. Looking at it though, I should be able to gather the funds required to take a "working holiday" visa. So far however, I've got very mixed opinions on whether or not I would be able to get a job when I'm out there. Research tells me that there is no direct translation of the role of a building surveyor from the UK to Australia and as I have no experience in industry, I'm not sure if anyone would realistically want to employ me. I've had several people tell me that it would be best to simply travel on a "working holiday" visa and try to find a job when I'm there, as there is a high demand for workers in this area and it is on the specialist skills list. Others are saying that it is best to get some experience first and take it from there. In brief, does anyone know: - What the chances are of anyone being willing to take on a graduate fresh from University? (A very well respected uni for the subject). - If you travel on a working holiday visa and find a company willing to employ you for an extended period, how easy is it to get your visa extended? Sorry if these questions seem a bit vague, but any advice would be appreciated!