Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

10 Neutral

About lostboy2

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  1. is 47 years old to old to move

    is 47 to old to move to oz i have a job never been out of work ( construction ) no wife no kids own my home and have money in the bank and have a visa to live and work in oz.. am I mad to move to Australia or do I stay safe in the UK
  2. Plant Operator/Groundworker

    no Essex and have a visa im hopping to go in august as it runs out soon and getting bit to old at 47
  3. Plant Operator/Groundworker

    when you get a visa you don't have to do the job you applied with or State so you go as a drainage plumper and you just get a job there
  4. Plant Operator/Groundworker

    try the immigration unit.com in Surrey 44 01784497690 they help me... number is 4 years old
  5. Plant Operator/Groundworker

    just to let you know it took me a a migration agent and over two years to get my visa plus over £4000.. at the time plant opps was not on the list i was going as a concrete finisher but i got mine as drainage plumber you could do an English qualification as there plenty off training centres but you will have to pay i have an NVQ AND CSCS as a drain layer plus CPCS ( plant certificates )they will still arks for references to the day i started work ( self employed ) over 25 years hop this helps
  6. Plant Operator/Groundworker

    hi Steve thanks for the information im looking round August / September time if all goes well
  7. Plant Operator/Groundworker

    Thanks Mrs keily but sorry to be a pain but is there plenty of work round Perth for my type of work and was it hard for your hubby to get in the mines
  8. I'm looking to find the best place to use my skills in Oz. Is it Perth or Adelaide. Also trying to understand the Australian plant and heavy goods license system as I've been told I need it to drive a backhole loader. Wanting to know is it possible to do crossover courses as soon as I arrive or do I have to reside in the country for a period of time before being able to attain necessary certificates. I have emailed certain training centres out of the 4 I emailed zero replied and I was willing to spend money. I don't need sponsorship as I have a work visa as a drainage plumber. All help is very much appreciated as you understand it is very hard to do it from this side as you get conflicting information from sites, so first hand experience would be very welcome.