Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

10 Neutral

About roseberry

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  1. Oh I see so, this is the latest version of the form? Quite different to what I would have filled in for my previous visa I think. Thank you very much for all your help with this matter
  2. Thanks you for that, where did you find that information? I looked at the form and it just asks if you have "been convicted of a crime or offence in any country (including any conviction which is now removed from official records). I know that ticket infringement offences don't appear on your criminal record, but I still don't know if it would count as an 'offence' that I've been 'convicted' for...
  3. Bump Also, does anyone know if I need to declare the fine on the Incoming Passenger Cards/Form 80 if I sign it? I have been trying to contact agents but no luck, does anyone know of someone that I could contact who might be able to help me? Thanks again.
  4. Thank you so much for telling me that, I feel a whole lot better Do you think then that if I do have to pay fine it would be better to declare it on my incoming passenger cards/Form 80? Many thanks again.
  5. I have a question which if anyone could help me with I would be most grateful. I was recently issued a ticket infringement notice (a $180 fine) for failing to produce a valid ticket. I was told I have grounds to contest it, but if I'm turned down and have to pay, I am wondering how this will affect my visa (if at all). I am on stage 1 of the defacto partner visa, and will be eligible to apply for stage 2 (PR) early next year. If I have to do another Form 80, will I have to declare the transport infringement notice? I don't know if it counts as a criminal offence or not. From what I understand, Vic Police do NOT include these infringements on your police check, but I have also heard that infringements like this which include a fine are technically a criminal offence. So does receiving and paying the fine count as a 'criminal conviction'? I am also not sure if I would need to declare in on my incoming passenger cards when I come back from visits to the UK. It might seem small, but I am really upset about this whole thing. If I end up having to pay the fine, I am really worried that it will affect my chances of getting PR next year. I don't want to declare it on Form 80/passenger cards if I don't need to, but if I have to then obviously I will. If anyone knows whether offences like this do need to be declared or not, or knows where I can find out this information, I would be most grateful, Thank you, Rose
  6. Hi everyone! People on this forum have been immensely helpful to me in the past and I was wondering if any of you lovely chaps could help me oiut again I am due to submit an onshore defacto partner visa application in just over a month, but we are still collecting stat. decs. from everyone. We have people all over Australia, and in Canada and the UK, writing them for us! However none of the information that I have seen makes it clear whether we have to provide orignal hard copies, or if we can provide scans, of these declarations. If it has to be originals we are in trouble as it will take quite a while for some of them to reach us through the post! If anyone had any advice that would be great, All the best, Rose
  7. Hello everyone I was wondering if anyone here knew if dairy farming counts as "specified work" for the second working holiday visa? You guys all seem extremely knowledgeable! I have been trying to get a straight answer from the DIAC and failing miserably! It's not quite clear to me from the website whether what I'm doing (milking cows full-time in regional Australia) counts towards the 3 month specified work requirement. If anyone had any information relating to this or had any advice I would be extremely grateful for your imput! I really need the extra year in Australia so that my partner and I can go for de-facto next year, Many thanks, Rose
  8. Hello all! I stumbled across this forum and was delighted to find such a wealth of information re: visas/migration etc.! I've just arrived in Oz on a Working Holiday Visa, but my bf is Australian, it's serious and I really want to be able to stay here beyond the 12 month period that I'm entitled to. I've looked into the various visa options online (partner visa, student etc.) but feel that I really need professional advice about what sort of visa I should be applying for and what steps I need to start taking to try and ensure a successful application. So I was wondering is anyone could recommend a reliable and trustworthy migration agent/agency in the Melbourne region who I could try and book a consultation with (if indeed that's how these things work - I'm pretty clueless at the moment!) If anyone has an idea of fees too that would be great. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, Thanks so much for your time, Rose xxx