Movecube ala Tetris

kevsan

Hi Jen

I ordered mine about a month ago in order to secure the day we wanted. I got the impression, that if you are flexible you can get one in a matter of days. It all depends on demand. It arrived 8am friday morning, and collected about 2:30.

Cost was £890 from Rugby UK, to Melbourne door to door. Plus $308 local fees payable on arrival.

Hope that helps.

Hi Jen

I ordered mine about a month ago in order to secure the day we wanted. I got the impression, that if you are flexible you can get one in a matter of days. It all depends on demand. It arrived 8am friday morning, and collected about 2:30.

Cost was £890 from Rugby UK, to Melbourne door to door. Plus $308 local fees payable on arrival.

Hope that helps.

Hi, did that include the £200 deposit. Ive been quoted £1100 from Reading.

U gonna get another quote? Let us know what they say, £200 is a big difference when having to pay out for lots of things!!!

I just did the quote online and it came to £890 all in just like Kevsan said. Just the $308 to pay at other end. So a pretty good deal really.

I just did the quote online and it came to £890 all in just like Kevsan said. Just the $308 to pay at other end. So a pretty good deal really.

sounds good to me :) yr on the ball..... Anything I need to know think I'll just ask u!!! Lol ;)

Edited by Jen44

@kevsan I think you need a new job as a removalist your packing skills are awesome

I think you're right!!!

For anyone else booking a movecube, i took other peoples advice on here of marking out and stacking everything into the space so we could work out what space we had and used the month in between booking and D-day to add and adjust. It also helped being a little conservative on the measurements.

On the day, it just meant starting at one end and replicating the pile in the cube.

And despite the concerns about having 3 hours to pack, in reality it took me 2 hours on my own (with a neighbour to help me leverage the fridge freezer in) including 3 tea stops... and in fact we were given an 8am til 3pm window...whether this helped being a friday or not, i dont know.

Would be good to see pics from other end, if there was any delays/complications. How long it took & if everything was in good condition once u unpack..... See some pics on here where people have had problems with mould but not sure if that was in move cube?!!

Best of luck with yr move, hope all goes smoothly :)

(sorry I do like to know the ins & outs of everything!!! Lol)

• 2 months later...
Of course, we'll review in 79 and a bit days and see what state we get it back in!

Well turns out it wasnt 79 days plus 7-14 in customs.

68 days after it left, it arrived this morning. (actually cleared customs on the 15th, this was the first day i could work from home to unload)

couple of bits moved about so customs had a look, but according to the sevenseas tracker entered and cleared customs the same day, and so far only breakage is a Christmas bauble that fell out of the box as the front of the cube came off.

Excellent job, cant fault them. Just need a bigger house for all the crap.

IMG_20150923_090309.jpg

fridge in one piece, no mould

IMG_20150923_091350.jpg

TV is still there, phew!

IMG_20150923_092648.jpg

IMG_20150923_090309.jpg

IMG_20150923_091350.jpg

IMG_20150923_092648.jpg

Looks good, did u have to go to depot & unpack it or get a company to bring it to yr door? Was there any mould on anything? Thanks :)

Hi Jen, I think they do a door to door service within a distance range. I did not have to go anywhere, the cube was brought to my door in Melbourne and opened in front of me. Best to give them a call and find out.

Looks good, did u have to go to depot & unpack it or get a company to bring it to yr door? Was there any mould on anything? Thanks :)

Ours was door to door with Sevenseas, left in a branded trailer, arrived in a branded truck - but we are in metropolitan Melbourne, so might change if you have additional requirements.

No mould in sight. - Fridge looked like it took a bit of a kicking, some scratches and a dent at the back, so would appear stuff shifted about a bit in transit...

but unloaded it, left it to stand, changed the plug, turned it on, filled it with beer. the beer is cold, so good enough.

depends on the size, but should do. We were surprised how much fitted in, and on the collection day were running around to throw additional stuff in because we had so much room.

Best advice is to measure out on a spare piece of floor and pile it up. You'll soon get an idea of what you'll get in.

Did you get to keep the box, we are thinking about using them but they will not ship to Tasmania.

cheers

Lorri

The wooden box that everything went inside? Nope, we did not. You unload it, they collect it later.

• 2 months later...
Hi Jen, I think they do a door to door service within a distance range. I did not have to go anywhere, the cube was brought to my door in Melbourne and opened in front of me. Best to give them a call and find out.

Hi thanks for this it is really useful. I was under the impression that you couldn't use UK fridge or TV in Aus and vice versa - I don't know why I thought that but evidently it is not the case ?