Stage 2 Partner Visa (Defacto)

hallie3000

Hi all,

So I sent off for my PR yesterday (or the day before) as in the second stage of our partner visa (820).

I sent it in an express post bag to Melbourne from Adelaide which i have checked and it arrived this morning.

Unlike last time I didn't receive an e-mail to say they have received it.

Do they do this?

Also anyone know from experience how long the processing time takes?

Thanks

Hayley

Hi all,

So I sent off for my PR yesterday (or the day before) as in the second stage of our partner visa (820).

I sent it in an express post bag to Melbourne from Adelaide which i have checked and it arrived this morning.

Unlike last time I didn't receive an e-mail to say they have received it.

Do they do this?

Also anyone know from experience how long the processing time takes?

Thanks

Hayley

Been waiting 6 months and told it could be another 18.

So I logged into VEVO for the first time today. I don't get VEVO. It just has my visa details on it.

Shouldn't it say pending or something?

VEVO simply confirms your existing visa details. If you want to view the status of an application, you need to create an IMMI Account. I'm not sure if you can view paper applications in an IMMI Account, or just online ones.

Did you guys send yours to Melbourne?

My first stage (802) I sent it to Perth and it got processed within 2 months

I think it was Brisbane? But ours is 309/100 (the offshore version) so I think it's 2 different processing centres, not sure if time frames differ because of that?

I think it was Brisbane? But ours is 309/100 (the offshore version) so I think it's 2 different processing centres, not sure if time frames differ because of that?

Ours is a 100 through Brisbane. Expect a looooooong wait. If anyone gets either the first or second stage in two months these days I'd tell em they're dreaming......... It used to happen, but those days are gone.

Ours is a 100 through Brisbane. Expect a looooooong wait. If anyone gets either the first or second stage in two months these days I'd tell em they're dreaming......... It used to happen, but those days are gone.

What a shame thats its become such a long wait time and that (atleast to my knowledge) immigration does not inform the applicant in an official channel, much like at the first stage application the confirmation email stated the current wait time.

my partner has been very lucky that 'only' being on a 309 has not affected his job prospects and he has been in fulltime work since arrival, but seeing some of your other posts @Nemesis, i can see that this is not the case for everyone which is of course a terrible outcome.

i understand that they have to look at every case carefully to ensure they are genuine, but given that the main part of evidence was approved a couple of years ago, you would hope that this stage was relatively quicker, to confirm the relationship is still intact.

What a shame thats its become such a long wait time and that (atleast to my knowledge) immigration does not inform the applicant in an official channel, much like at the first stage application the confirmation email stated the current wait time.

my partner has been very lucky that 'only' being on a 309 has not affected his job prospects and he has been in fulltime work since arrival, but seeing some of your other posts @Nemesis, i can see that this is not the case for everyone which is of course a terrible outcome.

i understand that they have to look at every case carefully to ensure they are genuine, but given that the main part of evidence was approved a couple of years ago, you would hope that this stage was relatively quicker, to confirm the relationship is still intact.

They have a shedload of evidence uploaded for the second stage too - as we spend a lotof time apart with have loads of contact proof like phone bills, and a mass of financial stuff as well. what will be will be I guess, but we are being rather pessimistic at present and envisaging th wait just getting longer as so many more people are applying onshore now

• 1 month later...
Hi @NikkiM! I remember you from back when we were going through all the 309 stuff. I lodged my 100 at the end of September but haven't heard back yet. So good for you and your partner on hearing back so quickly!

How is it all going otherwise?

Hi @vickyplum, nice to hear from you!

We are going well, partner arrived in Aus in June 2014, as soon as his visa was granted and we lived in Wollongong for 18 months (i think you also had a connection to wollongong?!)

Just this past January we have moved to Melbourne as Wollongong was a little slow compared to the lifestyle we were enjoying in London before coming to Aus. All great so far! We are both in hospitality management so we have taken to Melbourne well with all its great cafes/bars/restaurants! How have you settled?

Regarding the visa, we were pleasantly surprised when it came through this morning! After hearing others timelines, it seemed it was going to take a fair while longer - although it hasnt really affected my partner anyways as the 309 has much the same work rights in his circumstances.

Just to note, we submitted ours by paper to the brisbane office, as we found it easier to be able to lay everything out in front of us to see what we had, make notes on different parts of evidence etc. I wouldn't think that it makes a difference how it is lodged, but just FYI for anyone interested.

Hoping for you and everyone that is still waiting for theirs, that Ronnies coming through this morning is the first of a nice wave to come! xx

Hi guys, just updating to let you know that my partner received his PR today!

So from lodgement in October it was roughly 6 months.

Any news for you guys yet?

Congratulations!!!! Really pleased you got yours so fast. That's the timeline we were originally quoted, 6 months.

We are now heading for 11 months and nowt heard still. Giving up and planning to go home. We're tooold to live in limbo for much longer.

Edited by Nemesis

Congratulations!!!! Really pleased you got yours so fast. That's the timeline we were originally quoted, 6 months.

We are now heading for 11 months and nowt heard still. Giving up and planning to go home. We're tooold to live in limbo for much longer.

thankyou so much - I feel really terrible that you guys are having such a tough time with it. :(

is there perhaps any use in attempting to contact immi? It almost seems as though it has fallen on the wrong desk or slipped through somehow, as by this stage, as we mentioned a few weeks back, they are simply confirming your previous application has continued rather than looking over a fresh application.

thankyou so much - I feel really terrible that you guys are having such a tough time with it. :(

is there perhaps any use in attempting to contact immi? It almost seems as though it has fallen on the wrong desk or slipped through somehow, as by this stage, as we mentioned a few weeks back, they are simply confirming your previous application has continued rather than looking over a fresh application.

Been in touch with a (well respected) agent friend who says it really is in the lap of the Gods and who has said he has had estimates for clients of 12-18 months for grant - I shall let him know your good news in the morning!

They have so much info about our relationship that I reckon they know it better than we do. I even uploaded some more a couple of weeks back to show we are still out here, but no result.

I really am pleased to hear that yours came through so fast, its excellent for you. At least we have the option that we are both Brits so can move back home - horrible salary cut for me, but I'd rather save the marriage and lose the job than the ther way round!

Hello everybody,

I'm a bit confused about the process for the PR, I lodged an application for the 309/100 last june and just moved over from the UK. In the grant letter it states that the department will write to me in two years from application time to assess me against PR. But reading the comments here, it seems like i will have to write to immigration? could someone please help me shed a light on that.

Hello everybody,

I'm a bit confused about the process for the PR, I lodged an application for the 309/100 last june and just moved over from the UK. In the grant letter it states that the department will write to me in two years from application time to assess me against PR. But reading the comments here, it seems like i will have to write to immigration? could someone please help me shed a light on that.

You will receive an email, asking for more information, at the point when you are eligible to apply for the 100 visa. At that point, you need to submit more evidence, dating from when the 309 was granted, until present day (ie, the time you are applying for the 100). After you've submitted all that, in a similar way to when you did the 309, your new processing time will start and then you get to wait again. The aspiratioal time-frame given by DIBP for this new processing period is 6-8 months, but as you can see from this discussion, some are quicker and some are slower.

:daydreaming:

Edited by vickyplum

Hi @vickyplum, nice to hear from you!

We are going well, partner arrived in Aus in June 2014, as soon as his visa was granted and we lived in Wollongong for 18 months (i think you also had a connection to wollongong?!)

Just this past January we have moved to Melbourne as Wollongong was a little slow compared to the lifestyle we were enjoying in London before coming to Aus. All great so far! We are both in hospitality management so we have taken to Melbourne well with all its great cafes/bars/restaurants! How have you settled?

Regarding the visa, we were pleasantly surprised when it came through this morning! After hearing others timelines, it seemed it was going to take a fair while longer - although it hasnt really affected my partner anyways as the 309 has much the same work rights in his circumstances.

Just to note, we submitted ours by paper to the brisbane office, as we found it easier to be able to lay everything out in front of us to see what we had, make notes on different parts of evidence etc. I wouldn't think that it makes a difference how it is lodged, but just FYI for anyone interested.

Hoping for you and everyone that is still waiting for theirs, that Ronnies coming through this morning is the first of a nice wave to come! xx

Hi @NikkiM - yes, my father in law lives in Wollongong, so we stayed with him temporarily (ended up being four months!) when we first arrived. I secured a job almost immediately but my partner took a little longer. Wollongong is not a bad place, but the daily commute via train to Sydney CBD, gets a bit tiring after a while...! Although I know plenty of people do it on a regular basis.

We're now living in Sydney, both working, and carrying on with life much as before really but with different things to see/do/learn. I try to explore a new part of Sydney each weekend, and it's nice being close to my partner's family + friends. Work also feels much as it did before, but I'm pleased to have been offered the opportunity so quickly after arriving in AU, and have recently moved into a new role, so that's a fresh challenge for me!

Pleased to hear you're doing so well with life :)

You will receive an email, asking for more information, at the point when you are eligible to apply for the 100 visa. At that point, you need to submit more evidence, dating from when the 309 was granted, until present day (ie, the time you are applying for the 100). After you've submitted all that, in a similar way to when you did the 309, your new processing time will start and then you get to wait again. The aspiratioal time-frame given by DIBP for this new processing period is 6-8 months, but as you can see from this discussion, some are quicker and some are slower.

:daydreaming:

All right, thanks very much for your help and all the best:)

All right, thanks very much for your help and all the best:)

Just make sure you keep your contact details (address, email, passport) up to date with DIBP so they know where to contact you. You should hear from them about 2 months before the 2year anniversary of applying for the 309 -so if you applied in June 2015 you should hear from them around April 2017.

Hi:) I will to apply for subclass 100 very soon.Does anyone knows what is need to enclose the documents and evidence.Thank you:)

If you are doing a paper based application ( I think may things have gone online now) then just pop it all in an envelope and send it in the post. Back in the day, I submitted my application in person over the counter. I had all the papers in a plastic wallet. The first thing the clerk did was take all the papers out and hand me back the wallet. Also, don't staple or tab anything in case it needs to be run through a photocopier or scanner.