Medicals refered for more than 30 days ets connect

megawatts

Hi guys, Anybody here who are still waiting for the results of their medical assessment from MOC for more than 30 days? Who suffers the same dilemna as me? Mine were refered last May 31, 2012 and until now I still have'nt a clue when Global health will start to get a look at them.. It's quiet frustrating...

Edited by megawatts

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand from other posters that there has been a backlog at Global Health due to the number of people trying to get their applications in before the July 1st deadline. This resulted in a surge of applications and medicals, and as a result, an increase in the number of people being referred from their medicals. I understand that they are working through them as fast as they can, but it is very frustrating for those who are waiting to hear.

Hope this helps.

Guys lets post our medical timelines here so at least we coud somehow monitor what is going on in Global health, and we could have a view on were we stand now... Let me start:

Mine: refered - May 30, 2012, finalised: May 31, 2012

daughter : finalised: June 4, 2012

wife: refered : May 31, 2012 : finalised : _______________ not yet as of July 21, 2012

My husbands was refered also on the 31st of may. His came back I think it was last week? They told him on the phone when it would likely be. That was just the xray which was refered though, which was a simple thing. Maybe yours was more complicated?

My wife has no medical history, and I think she's healthier than me.. i've also ask GH if there is anything that we might be concerned of, they said the meds looks ok and we have nothing to worry about... And what frustrates us is the fact that you see other people who are being referred much more later than us and just a few days later their case is already finalised..

my 3 yr old son's was initially referred on 8th June then on 14th June they requested further info. Due to doctors being on holiday etc it took a little longer than we'd have liked to get it but our panel doctor finally sent the requested report to GH on 9th July..........and we've heard nothing since. Its the last thing we need to achieve to get our visa and feel like we're in limbo til we get it. Don't want to put house etc up for sale just in case..........its just a horrible waiting game. Good luck to those still waiting too xx

Guest String bean

All 4 of ours (husband, wife and 2 kids) have been referred since June 29th. No medical problems and no contact from global health....

think I might try and phone later/tomorrow and see if I can find out what's happening with our son's medical, does anyone have a number to call GH from the UK and is there a specific department I need to ask for? also, what sort of details will I need to give them, just our TRN number or is there any other details they'll ask for? would like to have everything to hand when I phone so I'm not faffing about in a panic if they ask for something I don't have at hand lol

Guest lilmissp
Guys lets post our medical timelines here so at least we coud somehow monitor what is going on in Global health, and we could have a view on were we stand now... Let me start:

Mine: refered - May 30, 2012, finalised: May 31, 2012

daughter : finalised: June 4, 2012

wife: refered : May 31, 2012 : finalised : _______________ not yet as of July 21, 2012

Hi my medicals were done on 19th July 2012.

ok its taken me an hour and a half to get through and all I kept hearing was the message on their answering machine but FINALLY someone answered!! thank goodness I rang. There was a fault in their system and the medical report that was sent wasn't showing up so they were assuming it hadn't been sent! the kind lady I spoke to is going to contact the technical team urgently so their doctor can look at the report and make a decision asap.........so yes I'm still waiting but goodness knows how much longer it would have been if I hadn't phoned!!

That is why If we feel something that isn't right about the processing of our medicals, then we can call them up and see what is going on, anyway those who answers the phone in GH are actually not the Doctors but I think their job is to really answers those inquiries to people like us..

My OH's were referred on the 28th June 12, and I ad assumed that as she is in remission forom the big C it wasnt an easy assessment hence was taking some time, but it appears like we are all having problems! Good to know one is not in this boat on their own!

My status: Medicals Recieved 6-Mar-12; Medicals marked as "Met" 23-May-12

My OH status: Medicals Referred 28-Jun-12.......still waiting

Frogster