Do I qualify under ICT Business Analyst?

Guest Devil

Guest Devil

Hi all,

I intend to apply for ACS Skills Assessment under the ICT Business Analyst category.

Following are my details:

Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunications

Masters in Telecommunications

4.5 years of genuine BA exp under the title Business Systems Analyst with a Telecom software vendor

Questions:

- I am not very sure if my education qualifies as ICT related. Where and how do i find this out?

- I was told, for a non-ICT degree I would need 6 yrs of relevant exp before I apply for assessment. Is this true?

Any suggestions would be great.

In the mean I am trying to understand the info on the ACS website.

Cheers

Hi all,

I intend to apply for ACS Skills Assessment under the ICT Business Analyst category.

4.5 years of genuine BA exp under the title Business Systems Analyst with a Telecom software vendor

Questions:

- I am not very sure if my education qualifies as ICT related. Where and how do i find this out?

- I was told, for a non-ICT degree I would need 6 yrs of relevant exp before I apply for assessment. Is this true?

Cheers

The ACS website brings to mind the mechanic's unroadworthy car and the plumber's leaky roof.

If you insist on applying to the ACS without taking advice about possible options, best of luck.

Hi all,

Questions:

Cheers

I have done 2 assessments with ACS, and i can tell you bro.

You need advise from a MARA agent nothing is black and white with the ACS.

As the cat mentioned above job titles are worthless and so are degree titles. For example a friend got a computer science degree as the title, but she only studied 4 aspects of computer science and focused more on business studies and accounts

What the cats in the acs want to know is the subjects and are subjects the same level as the education in Aussie

and have you studied the core or understand computer science building blocks.

the most important aspect of the processes, is your job references need to match the broad spec of the ACS job titles.

If not then kiss your application money goodbye and welcome to reject vill poplation one

Guest juliemtaylor

Hi, I would recommend having a word with Peter Chiam from Ptlabs http://ptlabs.com.au/. Peter is a reg agent here in Oz and was a massive help in getting my OH throught his ACS assessment and our perm visas. He is a PIO member also.

Julie x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gurbinder kler

hi devil

I dont know why you want get Assesed as ICT Business Analyst , But if go for

Electronics Engineer

I think its more relavent and you have good chances , This in NEW SOL as well

in WA demand list. As you have good experince , so have good chances to get

state sponsorship.

may be it will help you

thanks.

You need to look at the contents of your degree course to determine whether or not it counts as suitable for the ACS.

An Electronics and Telecommunications course is likely to have a significant amount of programming and working with computer hardware (albeit at a low level). If you're lucky there might be enough to put you into Group A, but it's more likely you'll fall into Group B.

The ACS assessment isn't that difficult in itself, the problem is that their documentation isn't that clear. I found it the hardest part of my (DIY) visa application.

• 3 months later...

I am planning to migrate to Australia under the skilled Independent migration program. I am working as a Business Analyst for the past 4 years and 6 months. My roles and responsibilities match 90 percent to those mentioned in the ACS site for a Business Analyst.( 2611 ICT business and systems analysts)

The subjects I studied for my Engineering – Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication is given as follows:

a. Semester 1 & 2

1. Engineering Mathematics I

2. Engineering Mathematics II

3. Engineering Physics

4. Engineering Chemistry

5. Engineering Graphics

6. Engineering Mechanics

7. Fundamentals of Engineering I

8. Fundamentals of Engineering II

9. Computer Fundamentals

10. Humanities

11. Computer Programming lab

12. Workshops

b. Semester 3

1. Engineering Mathematics III

2. Electrical Technology

3. Network Analysis

4. Digital Electronics

5. Solid State Electronics and Circuits

6. Basic Electronics lab

7. Electrical Machines Lab

c. Semester 4

1. Engineering Mathematics IV

2. Electronic Circuits

3. Micro Electronics and Integrated circuits

4. Computer Architecture and Organization

5. Communication Engineering I

6. Digital Electronics Lab

7. Electronic Circuits lab I

d. Semester 5

1. Electromagnetic Theory

2. Industrial organization and Management

3. Microprocessor system design

4. Test and Measuring Instruments

5. Industrial and Power electronics

6. Microprocessor lab

7. Electronic Circuits Lab II

e. Semester 6

1. Digital Signal Processing

2. Communication Engineering II

3. Communication Theory

4. Digital Communication

5. Control systems Engineering

6. Communication Lab I

7. Minor project

f. Semester 7

1. Microwave techniques and devices

2. Digital system design

3. Electronic Product design and EDA tools

4. Object Oriented Programming

5. Artificial Neural Networks

6. Advanced Microprocessor Lab

7. Communication Lab II

8. Seminar by the student

g. Semester 8

1. Audio and Video systems

2. VLSI system designs

3. Computer Networks

4. Modern Communication Systems

5. System Programming

Will this qualify to be a minor degree in ICT?

If it qualifies, then do I need 5 years of work experience to apply for skill assessment or do I need 6?

I also have a Post Graduate Diploma in Management, where the courses covered were Project Management, MIS etc. Will this courses be adding any strength to my case?

Reply and guidance appreciated,

Thanks

My Skills Assessment letter says that "You degree in -------- from ----- university awarded in the year ------ has been assessed as comparable to an Australian Masters degree with a major in computing". Since I am using an agent I am not sure exactly what needs to be done to get he ACS to assess your ICT degree.

• 1 month later...
My Skills Assessment letter says that "You degree in -------- from ----- university awarded in the year ------ has been assessed as comparable to an Australian Masters degree with a major in computing". Since I am using an agent I am not sure exactly what needs to be done to get he ACS to assess your ICT degree.

I'm wondering about this as well, because my degree was also assessed to be "comparable" but I didn't use an agent. All I did was give them my transcripts and the testamur, but everyone has to do that.

Do all ACS letters not assess the degree? Is that now considered to be a separate service?

• 2 months later...
Guest sukarri

Folks,

Me and my spouse are planning to file an application for the Australian PR this summer.

Not sure about the pros and cons of doing the processing by self v/s taking the consultant route. Consultants I spoke to here in Bangalore are charging as much as 65K towards processing, find it grossly unreasonable.

Can someone please advise me on the best way out, risks v/s chances of errors in doing the processing on your own ?

Thanks

Folks,

Me and my spouse are planning to file an application for the Australian PR this summer.

Not sure about the pros and cons of doing the processing by self v/s taking the consultant route. Consultants I spoke to here in Bangalore are charging as much as 65K towards processing, find it grossly unreasonable.

Can someone please advise me on the best way out, risks v/s chances of errors in doing the processing on your own ?

Thanks

I would recommend if yours case is straight forward then need'nt to go through by using a consultant , if not then i strongly recommend to go through by consultant , i would rather suggest to go through offshore MARA registered consultant because they are more knowledgable and experienced then local one.

• 4 months later...
Guest ausvisa

Hi,

I am a recent MBA graduate from UK with a specialization in Business Information Systems. I have over 5 years experience in IT Services industry; working primarily in Technology Infrastructure Services as Technical Lead.

My role involved planning the IT infrastructure allocation for new projects, capacity management, availability management and performance improvement of IT Systems.

I do not have direct experience of any Programming Languages or Databases; although I had exposure of working with development teams in my role. I also never had the title of a Business Analyst but I was the Technical Lead for IT Infrastructure Consulting.

Could you clarify if I am eligible to work as an ICT Business Analyst if not then is there any category in which I can apply?

Guest peterm2
Thanks for the reply. I did try contacting ACS but they replied stating to contact Department of Immigration.

Then check out my link provided, it has almost all information you need in it to check whether the match is there.

• 2 months later...
Guest Chakravarthy208

Hi,

I am from India, having 6yrs of experience as application developer in IT and having Bachelor of technology (B.Tech) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. I am planning to apply for ACS Assessment for PR visa. Can you suggest me which way I need to apply for

261312 Developer Programmer

1) ICT Minor (General)

2)RPL

Please find the list of computer and electronics subjects related to ICT I have studied during my graduation. (I have not included my Electrical subjects)

Computers :

C&Datastructures

Computers & Information technology

COMPUTER ORGANISATION

Microprocessors and Microcontrollers

Database Management systems

Management Information systems

Electronics subjects:

Network Theory

SEMICONDUCTOR DEVICES & CKTS.

PULSe AND DIGITAL. CIRCUITS

SWITCHING THEORy·ar LOGIC DESIGN

LiNEAR & Digital IC Applications

Digitala Signal Processing

Control systems

Thanks & Regards,

Chakri

• 5 years later...

Hello Guys,

I need your support and advice to evaluate my duty letter of my current company since they do not provide letter of more then 6 duties and that too from the approved job description that they have during my joining.

Kindly advice if below letter is suitable for ICT 261112 (Systems Analyst) : - 

The following are a list of duties:

1. Ensure timely and accurate delivery of system based report outputs, enhance existing program modules to suit business need, keeping up-to-date with technologies and industry best practices. Manage application testing to bug fixes, report enhancements, Mobile Supply Chain Application and Barcode Printing Solutions, new functions and version upgrades; coordinate with IT and test solutions to implement the solution in production.
  2. Proactively assess, recommend information systems best practices, evaluate gaps and propose improvement, adhere to IT policies, evaluate and integrate IT needs for division and work in coordination with stake holders to implement the agreed IT work program in-line with standard project management methodologies.
  3. Analyze existing systems and new requirements; conduct process gap analysis, documenting AS-IS business processes & business requirements, obtain required stake holder approvals, and suggest appropriate solutions and change in business process to automate department operations.
  4. Producing project feasibility and costing reports, develop functional specifications document, implement project plans, manage resources, execute User Acceptance Testing (UAT), prepare user manuals and provide training to business users on system functionalities; followed by verification on whether all developed systems are mapped and aligned with company policies and data migrated successfully to new system(s) with minimal service disruption.
  5. Provide guidance and assist technical team for designing best feasible solution assessing both technical and business suitability, formulate project plan and ensure deliveries in a timely manner and within defined budgets.
  6. Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to assure employee safety, security, legislative compliance and delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.

Request your advice at the earliest.

Thank you Guys.