Moving to Perth :O

Guest alibee

Hi my name is Alicia, I am 12 years old :P

Me and my familey are moving over to Perth hopefully at the end of the year. I was just wondering if anyone is about my age and is in Perth. We don't know were about. Mum thinks Secret Harbour or Quins Rock's (or however you spell it). So i was just wondering to start to talking to people...xx :D

Hi Alicia, I'm Elizabeth and I'm 15 so abit older than you but I'm moving to Perth at the end of this year too! my family were also thinking of going to Secret Harbour but we decided to go to Baldivis instead. When we were there, we visited Secret harbour and it was lovely but abit too far from where my mum will be working.

Feel free to talk to me if you want :)

From Elizabeth x

Thank you for replying, Elizabeth.

When about did you go to Australia i went three years ago can't really remember anything to be honest.

It is really nice to Talk to you..x:P

You can reply if you want . xx

Thank you for replying, Elizabeth.

When about did you go to Australia i went three years ago can't really remember anything to be honest.

It is really nice to Talk to you..x:P

You can reply if you want . xx

Hiya Alicia,

no problem, I like talking to people who are in a similar situation to me!

I went in August 09 for 3 weeks so I still pretty much remember everything :)

How do you feel about the move to australia? Do you want to go?

How long have you known you were going?

from Elizabeth xx

Hiya Elizabeth, Aw that is cool so you only went last year. Yeah i am really looking forward to moving are you?.x I am feeling really good about the move and you?.x Have known for about 2 years ago but only got the visa last month, what about yourself?.Love From Alicia..xx:D

Hi gals,

Just want to say that my daughter was 11 when we moved and celebrated her 12th birthday shortly after. ( She's 15 now) I just want to tell you that she really settled into school, everyone was great, Australia is one of those places were there is always someone new starting at the school, so you're never 'the new kid for very long'. She's managed to keep in touch with all the friends in the UK who were important to her and they chat often on FB and MSN ... the people who matter will always make the effort to keep in touch.

She loves school here and hasn't had any problems. She's got a small group of close friends who are all aussies .... I'm sure you'll both fit in

Ali

Hi gals,

Just want to say that my daughter was 11 when we moved and celebrated her 12th birthday shortly after. ( She's 15 now) I just want to tell you that she really settled into school, everyone was great, Australia is one of those places were there is always someone new starting at the school, so you're never 'the new kid for very long'. She's managed to keep in touch with all the friends in the UK who were important to her and they chat often on FB and MSN ... the people who matter will always make the effort to keep in touch.

She loves school here and hasn't had any problems. She's got a small group of close friends who are all aussies .... I'm sure you'll both fit in

Ali

Thanks Ali for that message my daughter is Alibee and was hoping that meeting people on here and hearing from others that have been through it may help settle her in a bit more :) Im glad your daughter is happy

Lyndsay

Hiya Elizabeth, Aw that is cool so you only went last year. Yeah i am really looking forward to moving are you?.x I am feeling really good about the move and you?.x Have known for about 2 years ago but only got the visa last month, what about yourself?.Love From Alicia..xx:D

Heyy!!

Yeah, I went for 3 weeks last year. Good, I'm really excited for the move too. I think it will be really good. I've know for about 2.5 years that I've been going. We go our visas in 2009 so we've had them for abit. :)

Do you have a date for going or anything yet?

From Elizabeth xx

Thanks Ali for that message my daughter is Alibee and was hoping that meeting people on here and hearing from others that have been through it may help settle her in a bit more :) Im glad your daughter is happy

Lyndsay

No worries, my daughter was upset initially about leaving friends behind, she's a quiet girl and worried she wouldn't make friends. By the time the move came she was really excited. One of the things that did help, was that we knew which area we would be living and had contact with the school. The principle set her up with a pen pal who would be in her year/class and they exchanged emails, chatted on MSN for a few months before we arrived ... she'd already been introduced to some of the people in the class via msn and the first day at school didn't feel quite so daunting for her. It's certainly worth enquiring about if you know where you're heading

Good luck with the move

• 2 months later...
Guest Wannabepoms

Hi, we have moved to Baldivis and my two children, son Alex who is 15 and daughter Katie -14, are coming out at Christmas for 2 weeks before coming out permanently. Really want them to be able to meet up with some kids their own ages and make friends. Katie goes to guides in the UK and am trying to get in contact with the group over in Secret Harbour, she's also into music, dancing, shopping and Twillight! Alex is into music, BMX, skateboarding and bushcraft. If you would possibly be happy to chat to them please let me know and I'll get them to set up their own accounts on here so you can contact them, they're on facebook and msn etc too. Thanks

Hello,

My family and i are moving out on the 13th of Janurary 2011.x My dad wants me to meet friends before i move to Australia because i am only 12. My hobbies over here just now are Gymnastics, Dancing and do a bit of football with my little brother. If your daughter wants she can add me. If you pm. me then she can add me on facebook or even msn....x

Alicia!.x :D

Archived