Painting & decorating work in bunbury.

Guest richy rich

Guest richy rich

Hi all,

Im a time served painter & decorator of 19 years & was hoping fo some help in this area... My wife is australian & were talking of doing a years stay to test the water as such & was wondering how much work there is & how easy it is to come by? i'd like to work for myself as i do here so any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate

just got back from perth this morning, eyes hanging out while writing this.

went for 3 weeks on our PR validation and to look at houses and work ,P&D MYSELF

can assure you there is loads of work out there, picked up the west paper on 1st day phoned around numbers in there at least 5 to 10 every sat , and have a job securred for when we return, only one downside i can honestly tell you working for someone down there if you get more than 35bucks an hour you will be very lucky, I myself will have to start on this line then once sorted in a few months start reccying for my own work. Also house prices have shot up big time we are holding back at the moment on exchanging money hopeing for it to improve as will lose shed loads,

If i can help in any other way just PM me,

cheers

Dave

Guest richy rich

Thanks dave for the reply. We are going to rent for a year when we come out & see how we go, as the wife is aussie she tells me i can set up on my own under her name so that may be a big help. I dont mind working for someone else but as u say when u'v worked for yourself for so long it may take time to adjust. Thanks again & all the best.

Rich

Glad to hear that there is plenty of work for P&D, my OH is a P&D and we are aiming to arrive in Perth beginning of September.

We're doing the same regarding changing pounds into Aussie dollars, the exchange rate is way too low at the moment! We're going to rent for a while, see what happens, hopefully the house prices have stopped rising!

Tracey

Guest wayniexagt

you will find that for renting a place long term that th owner will usually want 6 mths in advance if you havent got work . but then if there happy with you then when the 6 mths is up you can rent direct from them ... and save some doe aswell...... and bunbury is very nice to be fair ..... weve been here 8 mths now ..

Archived