Has anyone applied for WA Police recently

Guest huggies

Guest huggies

Hi

I am new to this site and I have put in my application for WA police. Has anyone else out there recenlty applied or just been accepted. Any info that could be of help to me would be great.

I am moving with my 14 year old daughter.

Debs

Guest shaunpbsl@yahoo.co.uk
Hi

I am new to this site and I have put in my application for WA police. Has anyone else out there recenlty applied or just been accepted. Any info that could be of help to me would be great.

Debs

Hi there Huggies , welcome to the site .

I have a niece out in wa at the moment , she has applied to transfer from uk police to wa , she has been told that they are not recruited overseas nationals at present , however put in a application , and it may get looked at in the near future ?

Not sure of your circumstances but maybe try there website , hope this helps ?

cheers Shaun..

Guest chris_mac
Hi

Debs

Hi Debs

PM'd you with details.

Best wishes

Chris

General Electrician

Applied TRA Aug 07

TRA Retuned Oct (Skill path D removed)

Re-applied Vetassess 01.01.08

Vetassess Paper Assess Passed 10.04.08

House up for sale 28.03.08 sold 14.04.08 (3 weeks, crikey)

Vetassess Practical 15.07.08

Practical Passed 11.08.08

176 Visa Application submitted 11.09.08

DIAC Acknowledgement 24.09.08

Sent Police checks 27.08.08 - Recieved 06.09.08

Medicals done 12.01.09

• 2 weeks later...
Guest keri&mike

Hi my other half is wanting to transfer to WA police, he has sent them an informal email can you give us any advice please? He's been working full time as a firearms instructor for the last 7 years, would he still be able to do this?

Did you use an agent? and how long did it take to get the moving date?

Sorry for all the Q's

Well done and good luck in Oz

Kerri

Hi Kerri and Mike

unfortunatly you do have to go through WA police selection process when they are recruting here in the UK you do have to meet all there requirement of years service etc etc you do have to return to being a PC again unfortunatly having to start from the bottom and work your way up again however the normal pc do have tazers and firearms so Mike will be fine there .WAPOL do all the legal requirement for you with regards to the PR visa you have to get to work for WAPOL.So no agent required which saves a lot of money time and stress .It has taken us from applying to being offered the position 12mths and another 12mths to sort out the visa requirements so its taken us two years from start to finish however I do know people who have moved over within 14mths but as we have a house two kids two dogs etc etc to sort out it seems to have taken for ever . Saying that we leave next Monday and there is so much left to sort out .Hope that helps a little .Good luck Ju

Guest Celtic.H.

Hi Huggies,

I am a brit who lives in Perth and have recently applied to the WA police from here (not a former police officer). We were told in a recruitment evening the other day after I had passed everything that all new applicants wouldn't be looked at until possibly 2010, they have had so many applicants recently here it has be unbelievable. Apparently because they have a number of you guys coming over they feel obliged to go with your appications even though they actually don't need you and in the words of the OIC on the night, don't actually want you at the moment, but because you have spent money on visas etc will stick with. A lot of new applicants especially Aussies are really miffed about as are the officers. Be prepared for some stick if you get here. They also want all new officers to work for a stint in the country, be prepared for that too as it isn't like Perth.

All best and good luck

Archived