Moving to Perth

Guest mothlantern

Guest mothlantern

Hi,

My wife and I are seriously considering relocating to the Perth area.

My wife is a hairdresser so obtaining a visa seems fairly certain.

I am a guitar teacher, and was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a demand for tutors around the area. I also play quite a few gigs doing covers and original material, what is the music scene like around Perth?

Also, which area do you think would be best suited to us, we are in our early thirties and have a 2 year old daughter (we've been looking at Clarkson and Mandurah).

Cheers!

Dan

Have a look on www.aussiemove.com which will give you an idea of suburbs/prices etc. I'm not sure about the music scene. I know that some music tutoring is available at music shops etc., I'm not sure about the availablility of someone who would do lessons in someones home (or theirs), it's not something I've looked for.

WA is such a big place, it's hard for other people I think to tell you where is best for you to live, depends what you want and what your needs are. Jobs are a big issue ... how far you want to commute to work etc.

Good luck with the research

Ali

Guest mothlantern

Thanks for the warm welcome!

That site is great thanks Ali.

We really like the look of places around Comet Bay, and it doesn't seem too bad for commuting to Perth. I'm going to contact all the schools round the area to see if they're needing a guitar teacher, so I guess that will decide where we end up really.

We're looking at moving mid 2010, how long does a visa usally take if you've got an in demand trade (hairdressing)?

Thanks

Dan

Archived