Ocean Reef???

Guest Claire5689

Guest Claire5689

We're hoping to move to Perth, just in the VETASSESS process!

Going on a 175 Visa (hopefully!)

Can anybody shed any light on Ocean Reef - is it nice.?

Jondaloop - is this area any better.?

We know roughly where we want to be but can anybody give us any more info on this area.?

Thanks ever so!

Hello there, Ocean Reef is really nice, we have friends who live there and they love it, its near the beach and has a few shops and schools close by. Joondalup is good too, although both these areas are expensive, Joondalup is a city and not a suburb so much bigger and has also more local facilities and a ever growing shopping center! Tafe (college) is in Joondalup as well as police training center, driving licence office, medicare office, and Train station.

If i missed anything please feed free to pm me

Good luck with the move!

Wher a person lives in Perth is determined as being north or south of the river. Both areas you talk about are north and are close to the beach, Ocean Reef in particular. As has been said earlier there are plenty of shops trains etc. The population is approx 60% British.

Personally i prefer the Western Suburbs which has a more balanced mix of Brits and Aussies, along with South Africans, Zimbabweans and a few Italians.

I would suggest that when you come over. Look at renting a house for 12 months which will give you plenty of time to determine where you would like to live.

Hope everything workd out well.

Ian

Guest teresha

We live in Iluka which is the next suburb up from Ocean Reef but there's not much in it, I can walk to Ocean Reef and my son goes to school there (Beaumaris Primary). It's more of a family environment than Joondalup only because Joondalup is the area's governmental and central business location. If you want to live in Joonadalup that's also fine, just probably not right in the centre which is mostly businesses, banks, restaurants and apartments anyway.

We looked around everywhere and as have been said it really depends on what you want. We wanted a larger house with more space for less money so that led us to the Northern suburbs. It also depends on where you will be working and if you don't mind travelling. We work from home so can work anywhere. If you will be working in central perth you'll have a 30 minute drive/train ride every day each way. Not that it's horrid, just have to factor it all in.

We've been here nearly 2 years and I have yet to see a bad area.

Archived