Employment in Perth and jobs in marketing

Carly1

Me and my Bf are considering moving to Perth sometime in the near future, he will have a job in Australian Navy but I am interested to know what job prospects there will be for me. Ideally I am looking for a job in marketing and will start to look for jobs before leaving the UK.

If I struggle to find work in marketing I can always fall back on my experience in HR or something related to my degree in business and tourism, but primarily I am looking for marketing.

Is employment easy to find in Perth?

Are there many jobs available in marketing?

Are there mass applicants for these jobs?

Are job application/ interview processes much different from the UK?

Whats the salary like?

What are the best sites to use to look for employment in Perth?

Any tips and suggestions for job hunting?

• 2 weeks later...

Is employment easy to find in Perth? Not really because the resource/construction industry has slowed down.

Are there many jobs available in marketing?I don't think they pay very well

Are there mass applicants for these jobs?I think there are mass applications for most jobs. You don't have WA work experience on your CV so it will be tough. It was tough in the boom years if you didn't have WA experience even for Aussies from other states.

Are job application/ interview processes much different from the UK? The big difference is telephone interviews to sound out your salary expectations (In WA). Other than that mostly the same, face to face interview, psychometric tests maybe MS Office tests.

Whats the salary like? Should be a bit more than the UK for marketing.

What are the best sites to use to look for employment in Perth? Seek/Indeed

Any tips and suggestions for job hunting? Apply apply apply, a month before you go smash out as many as you can. It takes weeks for people to get back to you. Its called WA for a reason - wait awhile

Your would be better of going into HR but you will need to get a Diploma HR in OZ. Cheapest training provider I think is - Sand Goanna. It would be an online E=Leanring course. Not particularly well written but you will get the cert you need. Also ask them if you can RPL (recognised prior learning) you might get a way with some of the units.

Biggest thing I can advise you is don't have the attitude - I don't need Aussie quals I have a degree. You do if you want to succeed in Perth/WA.

Good luck