Buying a house before you move

Dean001

Hi all,

I am looking to move to WA within the next 18 months and would like to know if anyone on here has purchased a house before they moved over?

My family live in Perth and could manage the house as a buy to let. They are renting right now whilst their new houses are being built and found good rentals are snapped up straight away.

I have a visa already and only holding back on the move due to a recent promotion which will benefit my move in the near future.

Thanks in advance

Dean

House prices are dropping in Perth and it is definitely a renters market now with an abundance of rental properties for let - rental prices are also dropping

Yes, the iron ore price is continuing to drop, so house prices in Perth will continue to fall.

Good question. About 90% of loans are going to investors, but rental yields are quite low and unemployment is rising. The Sydney property market is a big headache for the RBA. With the economy slowing, it wants to reduce interest rates to record lows, but knows this will further fuel the house price rises in Sydney. Because we haven't had a recession for more than twenty years, many people still think that property prices can only go up. Anyway, lack of housing affordability in Sydney is beginning to become a major political issue. It's linked of course to the great debate about tax. No one doubts that stamp duty is a highly inefficient tax. It was supposed to have been abolished more than a decade ago, when the General Services Tax came in.