Best places to eat/drink in WA

Guest Ptp113

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My views on th celebration list:

Amuse - was one of our favs and was a regular, but has become increasingly less adventurous and dull over the years. Though still probably the best in Perth.

Pata Negra - overpriced tapas that would be thrown at the waiter in any Iberian town

Print Hall - appalling service and pretty average food (though in fairness based on a visit when it first opened)

Rockpool - loved Sydney. The Perth one is the only place I have sent back two dishes as inedible - I have eaten in mud huts in Africa that I have had to do that.

Perth folk are a homely lot. Don't venture out as much as may be expected. But at the outrageous prices charged for a very mediocre meal in most instances perhaps a little understandable. Fact being for varies reasons too many rip off merchants in the food area in Perth.

We are a homely lot eh? All of us the entire population. A very sweeping comment.

My brother lives in a trendy part of London and couldn't believe how much better breakfast was over here when he visited

Well there you go each to there own. For GBP 4.50 in Bayswater W2 I Preferred a full English with coffee sitting outside,(I admit four years ago) than the $20 plus without coffee here in Perth. Even in Rome not three weeks ago I was paying around $14/15 for breakfast ......

No it isn't. Generally speaking very homely. Go and see Rome/Paris/ London/Amsterdam how folk are out and about. Yes Perth is very homely. And early to bed.

You need to tell my kids when they visit and all my friends kids this fact because they are playing taxi until two or three in the morning and the night trains run at 2 and 4 . Not sure why that is then if everyone is in bed.

Edited by Que Sera, Sera

no idea. I guess I'm referring to grown ups LOL....

That's my point you are not teens twenties or even thirties but you are commenting as if it's the whole of Perths population. I've been to Crown ( Burswood ) a few times in the last couple of years and it's still buzzing at 2 am and Northbridge too. I'm an oldie so not too often but the younger ones still do and often so no, we are not all a homely bunch.

That's my point you are not teens twenties or even thirties but you are commenting as if it's the whole of Perths population. I've been to Crown ( Burswood ) a few times in the last couple of years and it's still buzzing at 2 am and Northbridge too. I'm an oldie so not too often but the younger ones still do and often so no, we are not all a homely bunch.

I've been to The Crown, far more often than you by the sound of it. Usually go to eat as don't gamble. I think you don't really have an understanding into what I refer, The life on the street level is non existent for the most part. Have you ben to cities that live and are alive? Or smaller than Perth. Some remarkably more so.

Anyway I repeat in general Perth is a homely bunch, in part why folk spend so much time at home and spend so much money in appearances of their home because it is by far the major focus. That is the reality.

I'm sort of half way between being a oldie and a young one lol I'll give pio a honest review on perth nightlife :laugh: I'll try not go to bed at 9pm!

I can't see to see the list of the 100 but by far my favourite restaurent in Perth was Opus at the Richardson - not cheap I think it was $120 each for the degustation menu but outstanding, on a par with anywhere I've been in the world.

Little Creatures was always a favourite for lunch though and Wild Poppy for breakfast (although it's changed hands now so I don't know if it will be so good as the previous owner was a renowned chef was was downshifting) both in Fremantle.