Newly qualified CIMA

RedXYC

Hi

I appreciate the following questions may have been asked 100's of time but I have not been able to find any clear answers to date.

I should be CIMA qualified by November 2014. I have passed all the exams and only need to submit my work log. My question is do I need to have 1 years PQE before I can apply for a 189 visa?

Also, in terms of earning points for experience, does this need to be PQE or can I include my experience prior to qualifying?

Many thanks

Ben

Hi, thanks for the reply. That is excellent news!

My concern was I sat the Academic IELTS for a second time and missed out on 8's across the board by 0.5 of a mark on the listening test. I have applied for the general now and will take it from there. Can you or anyone else recommend some books or other resources to help me pass?

Thanks

Hi,

That's exactly what I did.

I scored all high on the Academic test apart from writing (7.5) which was good enough for a positive CPA assessment and then took the General test for immigration points. I found the General test ridiculously easier than the Academic test but it could have been just the luck of the draw. (This was back in September 2012)

I was going to have the written module reassessed but it was quicker for me just to rewrite the test.

Hope that helps.

Hi, my understanding was for CPA to validate my CIMA qualification, I need Academic at Level 7 across the board. However, for the 20 points I need, I can sit general? Is this correct?

• 4 weeks later...

I simply took advantage of the MRA between CIMA and CPA and had the skills assessment done as part of the process.

Not sure if it is still the case as this was in 2010

The whole points system has changed since I did my visa application in 2011.

If you have any questions regarding the life of an ACMA/FCMA then please feel free to ask.

Cheers

Si