Barbers in Perth

Jameister

Does anyone know any good Barbers in and around the Perth area or specifically near Ridgewood?

I used to pay $20 in Sydney for a good cut in decent Barbers but in Perth it seems the going rate is $30, which personally I think is over priced and another 'let's jump on the WA bandwagon prices'.

• 2 weeks later...
I have found that prices range from $15 - 30 so it seems there's quite a market, but what Barbers are actually any good? Does anyone have any good experience from decent Barber?

I find the difference between a bad haircut and a good one is about 3 days. Go to one of the smaller shopping malls around and there is usually a hairdresser or barber in one of those for about $15 tops. My wife usually cuts mine and quite honestly, when you go to the hairdressers they just ask you what number you want and then, if you're lucky trim up the edges with a pair of scissors and maybe shave your neck. It's all over in about 15 minutes.

How much for you QSS? My wife goes to Maurice Meade. When I found out I asked her "can't you find a more expensive one". I guess she couldn't or she would have gone there I'm sure. Must be over a $100 a trip.:cry:

My wife is also asking where to go for her barnet cropped, $100 is about the same as UK in comparison I guess, that with the all frills singing and dancing. Where is Maurice Meade?? :)

How much for you QSS? My wife goes to Maurice Meade. When I found out I asked her "can't you find a more expensive one". I guess she couldn't or she would have gone there I'm sure. Must be over a $100 a trip.:cry:

I cut and dye my own. I haven't been to the hairdressers since I arrived in Australia. :laugh:

My wife is also asking where to go for her barnet cropped, $100 is about the same as UK in comparison I guess, that with the all frills singing and dancing. Where is Maurice Meade?? :)

They're everywhere mate. Just about every big shopping centre will have a Maurice Meade salon.

When I come to Perth, I am open on Sundays for haircuts. I currently do my OH's and my sons, can do shaping etc. I'm not qualified but I'll give it a go and if it all goes horribly wrong, well it's only hair and it'll grow back.

My husband's hair grows very quickly so I do his every fortnight. Son's hair whenever he wants it done. I'm becoming quite an expert actually.....

@Que Sera, Sera I also trim the daughters hair and can do it straight now :laugh:

A friend of mine owns DavidLee Hairdressing in Woodvale. Not sure about women's prices but I pay about $25. Possibly mates rates but never asked. It depends what kind of cut you want really.

If you just want a short back and sides with no fuss then go to one of the chains and go through the conveyor belt. I prefer to have my hair washed etc and so am willing to pay the extra. It doesn't make the cut any better but I just prefer it that way. I used to go to a similar place at home and paid more than I pay here. He plays for the same football team as me and all the players and our kids go there along with a number of our wives. If he wasn't any good then I am sure the girls wouldn't go there.

My own wife goes to a girl in Mindarie who works from home and is very reasonably priced. I think she pays $30 for a cut and blow dry. Can get the details of either depending what you are looking for.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Salon Express Subiaco - $16 and the guy does a great haircut.

After reading ALL the negative reviews of this place, I think I'll avoid. If only I could of brought my Barber from London over to Perth :).

So after much trial and error I think I will just have to swallow up the extra WA Surcharge of hairdressing prices (just like everything else here) and take it that around the $30 does seem the average.

Has anyone been to Guysgrooming on Hay Street?

http://www.guysgrooming.com.au

I'm in Mindarie and have tried most of the Barber shops in the shopping centres and a few more too.

The best by far both in terms of coats and quality is the Sweeny barber shop in Clarkson, on Marmion avenue near KFC and subway.

I find that, as with the UK, it depends a lot on the individual cutting your hair rather than the place itself. I've been to the Sweeny 4-5 times now and by chance got the same girl each time so perhaps its just here that's good?

I'm in Mindarie and have tried most of the Barber shops in the shopping centres and a few more too.

The best by far both in terms of coats and quality is the Sweeny barber shop in Clarkson, on Marmion avenue near KFC and subway.

I find that, as with the UK, it depends a lot on the individual cutting your hair rather than the place itself. I've been to the Sweeny 4-5 times now and by chance got the same girl each time so perhaps its just here that's good?

Yes your absolutely right. I have also been to the Sweeny and it seems the 2 times I've been there it's been a good cut and that was by 2 different people. All the others I've tried have been pretty poor. Was just thinking about other options but after getting a quote from Guys Grooming for $60 + think I'll go back to Sweeny.

There is one in Kinross that advertises with little signs on the Marmion Ave. roundabouts "Baber shop $12" - Dont bother going there. I know it's cheap but it was the worst hair cut I've ever had, done by a guy who spent the whole time chatting, laughing and joking with his mates in their native language. He stank too.

Guest Guest66881

Theres a guy down at Belridge who is popular, i don't use a barbers as i do my own hair, but when ever i go past it is always full, and for me any shop that is full is a good shop.