Senior High Schools for science loving 16 year old

zoe1922

Hi I am wondering if anyone would have an idea of a good senior high school for our daughter. She was 16 in February this year and we are moving over to WA at the end of August. She will have finished her GCSEs in the UK - she likes (and is really good at!) Maths and the three sciences so am looking for a senior high that can help her particularly with these subjects. In the UK she would be starting her A levels in September, but I know that in Oz she will need to finish a few months of year 10 (?) before she can do her HSC - is this correct?

We are not really restricted to area but I will need to be within travelling distance of Perth CBD. Was thinking Joondalup, Ocean Reef similar area's, don't mind going a bit more inland either :yes:

Also, would like to meet up with others that have made the move - I am 41, my husband is 48 and we have an 18 year old son and 16 year old daughter, so similar age kids would be a huge bonus!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Have a look at this - http://www.scsa.wa.edu.au/internet/Publications/Reports/Statistical_Reports/School_Comparison_Statistics

This report gives the top 50 schools each year in terms of the WACE exam results - like A levels, in year 12. The final pages lists all the subjects you can do and the best performing schools in those areas. It has private and state schools.