bunbury

Guest jocky boy

Guest jocky boy

hi there :) this is my first timeon this site is there anyone from bunbury or surrounding areas.

john..

• 1 month later...
Guest Holyman

John,

Sorry to be a disappointment but I am not from Bunbury - are you? Was looking for an old lodger of mine in the UK, originated from Bunbury. Name - Carl Fitzpatrick, age approx 37/38, lived with Russell and Carol in Finchley, North London and was definately in the UK working and living in London 1988/89 (god - am I that old!). I'm sure it's a big place, but lost touch and thought it was worth a shot.

Carol :idea:

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest denise milligan

Hi John

My husband and I will (hopefully) be moving to Oz by September and heading Bunbury/Dunsborough. We visited the area in January this year but had very little time.

Can you give us any tips on rentals, jobs? My husband is a plasterer who already has work lined up, I am currently a PA but not sure what I want line of work their is available in Bunbury.

Are you happy having moved to Bunbury?

Dee

Guest MattandSarah

Hi Dee

Same questions here! We are planning to arrive just after 15th October. No house, no jobs, no family, no friends etc - not even a recce visit so at least you are one up on us!

I have been looking at holiday rentals for the first few weeks until we either find a house we want to rent or buy (once we have secured jobs). I recevied a post from a chap who lived in Bunbury for the frist 18 months and he got caught in rental contracts. It seems the agents tie you in and try there damndest to keep your bond. Let us know how you get on and if I come across anything while I am searching the internet I'll keep you posted! feel free to pm me.

Can I ask what made you decide on Bunbury? We have two young children and are sick of the city (bristol) and want a slower life for us and them.

Take care and good luck

Guest denise milligan

Hi John

Thanks for your response. We didn't want to live in a big City and fell in love with Dunsborough and the surrounding areas on a recent trip. I will no doubt be working in Bunbury so we had a good look around and thought it had everything we would need. Near enough to Perth, 1hr drive from Dunsborough, shops, schools, beach etc... I am quite surprised to hear about the problems with rental agencies as I have lived and worked in Melbourne and Sydney and never encountered any problems.

The company my husband will be working for are also based in Bunbury but he will be working all over WA.

Not sure what you do for a living but I am currently a PA/Administrator and signed up with Seek.com and others to keep an eye on what is going on with the job market in the area. Chandler MacCleod seem to be one of the bigger employers in Bunbury.

Keep in touch, will be good to hear how you get on. Best of luck.

Hopefully we will all make it out there and would be great to meet up and swap stories.

Dee

• 10 months later...
Guest gwendaline

dont panic, there is plenty of work in Bunbury - as a PA you will not find it hard to secure a position. Can assist if you require.

south west relocation services

Jenna

Guest gwendaline

hi John, I have moved abroad quite a few times and I honesly thought my final destination was the UK - I was wrong, here I am now sitting happy in Bunbury! But, I dont plan on relocating again...

So, there we go, Im living in Bunbury, have gone through the relocation process a few times so know what many families/individuals go through to finally settle - let me know what sort of info you need and Ill do my best to give it!

SOUTH WEST RELOCATION SERVICES

Jenna

• 2 years later...
Guest daveanby

Gidday John...I have been in Bunbury WA since 1961. Am noo retired, for aboot 11 years. We are Fifers and have reared oor six kids in Bubury WA. Look forward to your reply. Dave......

sarah - friend of mine here in bunbury lets out houses on short term rentals if of interest email me and I will get his details to pass onto you. we moved here from brum with 3 kids last year. Plenty of work here in bunbury but takes time to sort through the various issues ...agents and rentals are a pain anf process very different.. Pauline Astill in Raine & Horne is the lady who organised our rental and she was honest and easy to deal with. Good luck.

kieran

• 2 years later...
Guest aislingnew2bunbury

hi my names Aisling I've just moved to bunbury.. i'm 21 looking to meet new people.. its a nice place so far realy scarey coming from london as its much quiter but the scenary is beatiful and the weather.. its hard meeting new people so if anyone is new also be nice to chat.

Gidday John...I have been in Bunbury WA since 1961. Am noo retired, for aboot 11 years. We are Fifers and have reared oor six kids in Bubury WA. Look forward to your reply. Dave......

Hiya - we are from Dunfermline. We lived in Melbourne for 2 years and came back home for a while but will be coming back. Thinking about Bunbury this time.We came for a visit and really liked it. My OH is an electrician, and I would like to work part time. We have a 2 year old - will be 3 by the time we come back. Take it you would recommend Bunbury then!

Guest daveanby
Hiya - we are from Dunfermline. We lived in Melbourne for 2 years and came back home for a while but will be coming back. Thinking about Bunbury this time.We came for a visit and really liked it. My OH is an electrician, and I would like to work part time. We have a 2 year old - will be 3 by the time we come back. Take it you would recommend Bunbury then!

Och Aye hen. Bunbury is the place to live. Recommend it to most. Finding a place to bide may be a problem but problems were made to be solved. Dave aka 'Jock Lindsay in Bunbury WA. Cheerio the noo.:hug:

Guest aislingnew2bunbury

hi im from bunbury just moved here from london, how you finding it? I havn't met any people yet so kind of lonely but enjoying it :)

• 6 months later...
Guest shantucse
hi im from bunbury just moved here from london, how you finding it? I havn't met any people yet so kind of lonely but enjoying it :)

Hello there,

I am moving to Bunbury to satisfy my 475 visa condition but the thing is that I do not know anyone in the region. Is there anyone that can help me relocate to the place?

Guest nitisha
Hello there,

I am moving to Bunbury to satisfy my 475 visa condition but the thing is that I do not know anyone in the region. Is there anyone that can help me relocate to the place?

Hi though I have not got my visa (475), i too wanted to know where to go-Mandurah or Bunbury. I also need to stay in regional for 2 years and work 1 year en route to PR. I would love to communicate...best of luck....

regards,

nitisha

Guest shantu
Hi though I have not got my visa (475), i too wanted to know where to go-Mandurah or Bunbury. I also need to stay in regional for 2 years and work 1 year en route to PR. I would love to communicate...best of luck....

regards,

nitisha

confused betwwen bunbury n mandurah!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived