Need opinion about these suburbs please: yangebup, beeliar, south lake, bibra lake

Guest newbieinperth

Guest newbieinperth

Hi guys!

Phew! Didnt know house hunting would be this hard... Thanks for the replies from my previous posts.

Need more advice please.

Really Want to buy in the southern areas and hope you can give me your opinion or whatever it is you know about the areas mentioned.

I have kids and just like any moms Safety is my priority and also good primary schools...

God bless you guys!!!

We are in Succes which is also near your requested locations. Fab suburb with good transport links and thriving community. Been here 18 months and have settled really well. Gateways shopping centre has pretty much everything you could need. Also consider Aubin Grove.. Another new and upcoming community, we are close to the main route into the city and down south so have the best of both worlds. Any more info needed just ask, happy to help

Guest newbieinperth

Hi general67. Thanks for helping out. Have been to success a couple of times when i was house hunting and must admit i fell in love with it. Prices seem to go up in success though. Do you know anyone from beeliar or yangebup maybe?

Howdy!

We are in aubin Grove, been here 4 weeks so far, I'd recommend it! We have a wee shopping centre thing with an IGA, a Bottle shop, chemist, chippy etc. Transport links are good although going North on the freeway between 7 and 9 in the morning or 3 and5 at night is a struggle! The school is supposed to be very good too (kids not started yet)

I was warned off of Beeliar by a mate at work, he said there was a bit of crime there, and the house we looked at there was beautiful with great views of the city but the new build house next to it had all the windows smashed! The others I'm not so sure about! Add Atwell to your list too I think as it looks lovely (although I seem to be dragging you further from the beach!!).

Best of luck!

Guest newbieinperth

hi CUTIEMACKAY!!! i have been looking at aubin grove too but unfortunately the current ones on sale are not within my budget :(

i work in the city and will be taking public transport so i hope its not goin to be much of a problem...

i always check realestate websites for new listings of homes and hoping to find one in atwell, aubin and success :)

Guest nikki35

Hi there.

I lloked up crime rates the other day for the whole of perth and beeliar, Aubin Grove come out as one of the highest...If you look on real estaste.au at local voices someobody reckons Bibra lake isnt great either....Or Yangebup.....Maybe just one or two people?? But Aubin Grove does have one of the highest crime rates in Perth apparently....Just what i read...

Nic

Guest nikki35
Hi guys!

Phew! Didnt know house hunting would be this hard... Thanks for the replies from my previous posts.

Need more advice please.

Really Want to buy in the southern areas and hope you can give me your opinion or whatever it is you know about the areas mentioned.

I have kids and just like any moms Safety is my priority and also good primary schools...

God bless you guys!!!

Secret harbour??? Get alot for ya money there?? and ocean views etc... In between Rockingham and fremantle..

Nic

I just looked up the crime statistics for 2010, not easy to make comparisons as its not a per head of residents percentage so you have to take the size of the suburb into account.

63 Burglaries (or attempted) in 2011. for what seems like a small suburb does seem high! However I spoke to my neighbours about it and they were not aware of any burglaries in the area! I should maybe try to figure out how to work the alarm!!

You get good and bad everywhere you go all over, we have friends with 2 investments in beeliar they've never had a problem, but said they wouldnt live there themselves! we had a good look round there aswell personally not for me, the quote about vandelism was right.

The other 2 areas are not the greatest, having said that we live in hamilton hill and its fantastic, yet its frowned upon. Also consider as well as success wellard , its a newish estate next to the kwinana freeway. kwinana is very cheap but very industrialised. bibra lake is just down the road from us and that is ok not the best suburb but you get what you pay for. if its value for money your after, success, wellard, singleton and going a bit inland byford are good areas to look at.