IT work in Australia

Guest Powys Reiki

Guest Powys Reiki

Hi, new to PIO, will be going out soon with my wife and kids on her visa, but will also be working.

Anyone have any idea of or experience of the current situation regarding work in IT out there, and how it looks regarding work outside of Sydney and Melbourne. I get the impression most of the major work is in these places.

Thanks

PR

Guest The Thomsons

Hi there,

talking to my other half I think you are right - the major global players like IBM, EDS, Accenture..etc and the bigger accounts are in the big cities and Canberra... I don't really know the extent of IT work in places like Brissie and Perth for example. Try Jobserve.com as they also display Australian jobs.

Guest Powys Reiki

Thanks for the information... hmm Canberra, I thought as much. Was actually interested in Brisbane or Perth.

:skeptical:

Hi PR

My OH is IT Architect, currently working for IBM, we are hoping that a job will come up soon over in Oz and they have said they will sponsor us, if one does materialise!!!!!

We dont know if we can wait for a job with them though, so are looking at getting a regional sponsored visa and are looking at the main areas, Melbourne, Canberra and Sydney. These are where most of the big IT jobs are. What line of IT are you in and who do you work for over here, can you not get sponsored.

We are also looking at other areas of Oz, but after doing research today, there doesnt appear to be as many Architect jobs for OH.

Good luck for the future

Guest Powys Reiki

Hi Debbie,

thanks for your reply,

the company I work for only have about 300 people over there, my line of work (project management) they are not recruiting right now. As we'll have an Independent visa I'm not looking for a sponsor, but my main concern is getting a worthwhile job in Brisbane or Perth, so I suppose I'll just have to do some homework. I thought IBM were the biggest company out there - you should be sorted....:smile:

Hi Debbie,

thanks for your reply,

the company I work for only have about 300 people over there, my line of work (project management) they are not recruiting right now. As we'll have an Independent visa I'm not looking for a sponsor, but my main concern is getting a worthwhile job in Brisbane or Perth, so I suppose I'll just have to do some homework. I thought IBM were the biggest company out there - you should be sorted....:smile:

Hi PR

Yes you are probably right that IBM are the biggest company out there. We check their internal job site every morning but over last 2 months, nothing for OH in IT Architecture. Well you never know theres always next week. If nothing materialises by the time he has got his ACS Assessment passed then we will have to look elsewhere as going for regional sponsorship.

Have you looked at Fujitsu website, they are in Perth. Know of someone on here who goes out beg May, they were sponsored by them. Worth taking a look.

Archived