Study visa - Diploma in Childhood Education & Care

MrsMc

Hi

i am looking for a case study of someone who has gone to Oz from the UK to study a diploma in childhood education and care with the purpose of being sponsored or gaining PR by doing the job ready program to be a childcare center manager?

This is is our plan and the agent basically said the job ready program is unlikely as no one will employ me without experience as a manager therefore I can't do the skill assessment so my next option which he was optimistic about but I have my doubts is to be sponsored after my 2 years of study?

id love to hear from someone who has experienced this.

Hi

i am looking for a case study of someone who has gone to Oz from the UK to study a diploma in childhood education and care with the purpose of being sponsored or gaining PR by doing the job ready program to be a childcare center manager?

This is is our plan and the agent basically said the job ready program is unlikely as no one will employ me without experience as a manager therefore I can't do the skill assessment so my next option which he was optimistic about but I have my doubts is to be sponsored after my 2 years of study?

I would be pretty confident that nobody has done this.

Childcare centre manager requires a degree and management experience. Taking a diploma in Australia is not going to cut it I am afraid.

I do not see how you are going to get sponsorship as a Childcare Centre Manager after doing a diploma, normally people would work their way up to manager, not commence as a manager. Childcare worker is not eligible for sponsorship.

I cannot see any way how this would work. I would suggest that you put Australia on hold for now, pursue your career and qualifications in the UK and then come back to migration when you are ready.

I think your agent is correct, for the job to be suitable you need to be the Director or Assistant Director

http://www.tradesrecognitionaustralia.gov.au/programs/jobready/pages/important-information-for-childcare-centre-managers.aspx

Its very unlikely you would get that sort of role newly qualified unless you have a lot of experience already.

I also think you would need a degree rather than a diploma but not 100% sure on that.

Hi

It really doesnt take 2 years to do a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care, you could do that in 6months easy online. I wouldnt think it would be enough to get you a visa.

It really doesnt take 2 years to do a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care, you could do that in 6months easy online. I wouldnt think it would be enough to get you a visa.

I don't think Internationals can do online study. The course is 18 months so I would add on 6 month Diploma in Business to make it two years. Once I have studied for 2 years I can apply for a temporary graduate visa for 18 months. It is the experience I gain in this 18 months that he thinks could lead to sponsorship on a 187?

Is this a Migration agent you are talking to or an Agent for one of the training organisations that provide the course?

They are an agent who get their fee from the training institute which is why I came here to seek advice rather than follow his very one sided advice ;)

They are an agent who get their fee from the training institute which is why I came here to seek advice rather than follow his very one sided advice ;)

Thats what it sounded like and why I asked the question! I would try a proper Migration Agent first and what options you have before you let this lot talk you into a course that has no guarantees!

Thats what it sounded like and why I asked the question! I would try a proper Migration Agent first and what options you have before you let this lot talk you into a course that has no guarantees!

Indeed.

OP - childcare centre manager definitely requires a degree, not a diploma. You are not going to get a permanent visa for Australia by taking a diploma course.

Indeed.

OP - childcare centre manager definitely requires a degree, not a diploma. You are not going to get a permanent visa for Australia by taking a diploma course.

Yep I've resided to that fact. I could get sponsored on a 187 as childcare group leader in regional area but obviously a lot depends on that - no guarantee. But for the opportunity to at least spend 3.5 years in Oz I might just take the plunge

Yep I've resided to that fact. I could get sponsored on a 187 as childcare group leader in regional area but obviously a lot depends on that - no guarantee. But for the opportunity to at least spend 3.5 years in Oz I might just take the plunge

Sorry, but for a 187 you would still need to pass a skills assessment and a dimple a will not do that.

I think you are deluding yourself. Childcare. It is like animal care. People are fighting over each other to get into these areas. They are hugely popular and hugely competitive. You do not have a cat in hells chance. No employer needs to sponsor for a permanent visa to get somebody into a childcare role as there are Australians tripping over each other for these roles. Wake up. You are 200 years too late to walk into a childcare role.

I think you are deluding yourself. Childcare. It is like animal care. People are fighting over each other to get into these areas. They are hugely popular and hugely competitive. You do not have a cat in hells chance. No employer needs to sponsor for a permanent visa to get somebody into a childcare role as there are Australians tripping over each other for these roles. Wake up. You are 200 years too late to walk into a childcare role.

Tact isn't really your strong point is it? Lol. Thanks for the advice. What Migration company do you work for id love to chat through my options with you. Im assuming this is your profession and you have first hand experience to be so bold in your opinion? That's what I need. Someone who isn't going to b/s me but obviously someone who is also highly qualified to give me advice. PM me.

Tact isn't really your strong point is it? Lol. Thanks for the advice. What Migration company do you work for id love to chat through my options with you. Im assuming this is your profession and you have first hand experience to be so bold in your opinion? That's what I need. Someone who isn't going to b/s me but obviously someone who is also highly qualified to give me advice. PM me.

Bungo isn't an agent, though there are a number of excellent agents who post on here regularly. Look at wrussel and Alan Collett.

Bungo go does though have a very valid point. The chances of sponsorship - even if you were able to pass a skills assessment - are slim. Australia is a country with a huge amount of unemployed primary school teachers at present and an economy stuttering which has meant even more people have been enrolling in teaching / education courses.

Sponsorship is expensive and very time consuming - it can take months for a visa to be processed. While a business needs someone in the position.

It's not entirely true that it's impossible to find a sponsor. I have spoken to a couple of people on here who have gained Sponsorship as a childcare group leader through the 187 route. You need to be qualified as a level 3 to do this. If you can read some of my previous threads all the info is on there. Also if you look at Goodstart Early Learning who are a chain of childcare centres in oz there are willing to offer Sponsorship if you have the right qualifications.

Wow Bungo- a bit harsh. I worked in Sydney in a childcare centre where nearly 30% of the team where sponsored from overseas and was offered sponsorship too. I think there is a chance but you'd need the experience. I'm currently in the middle of a TRA assessment for Childcare Centre Manager so I'll let you know how I get on if it's possible not to have a degree. I do have 11 years experience & 4 in leadership and management of the centres though.

Edited by Dragonflygecko

What opportunity for 3.5 years?

Wow Bungo- a bit harsh. I worked in Sydney in a childcare centre where nearly 30% of the team where sponsored from overseas and was offered sponsorship too. I think there is a chance but you'd need the experience. I'm currently in the middle of a TRA assessment for Childcare Centre Manager so I'll let you know how I get on if it's possible not to have a degree. I do have 11 years experience & 4 in leadership and management of the centres though.

Thank you for commenting. wow that is a lot of experience! Good Luck with your studies :)

I don't think bungo should keep giving advice on this occupation. On one of my threads regarding childcare group leader he wasn't even aware there was a regional Sponsorship occupation list. Shouldn't be giving out incorrect info on things he clearly is not experienced in
You will find out there is quite a lot of incorrect information posted not just by Bungo!

Are any of the staff in your centre sponsored as childcare group leader? If so do you know what qualifications they have? I am Level 3 but currently studying my early years degree. I also run my own childcare business and have 2 members of staff. Once I complete my degree I am going to start looking for Sponsorship via the 187 visa.

I'm very happy with lots of the information I have received on here and found it extremely helpful. But I would not offer advice and tell people that there's no way of them applying for a visa unless it was an area that I'm experienced in. I have spoken to bungo a number of times explaining that there are options for people who work in childcare yet he is still telling new people on here otherwise. It would be a shame for someone to take this incorrect advice and think that there isn't an option for them

If you are not happy with any info given here then the obvious answer is pay for advice from a registered migration agent. If not then take your chances but don't whinge about what advice you're given I reckon.

I was about to say exactly the same, I was looking for the statement there used to be on here about the forum not being for professional advice - it seems to have gone, maybe because there are agents on here now.

Unless someone is a registered migration agent then all you are getting is opinion, their opinion may concur with facts or may not, it's up to the poster/reader to verify that - I take it Lparker15 you're not a migration agent either? It also sounds like you are doing a degree - with a degree of course there are sponsorship options but the OP was planning to go to Australia and do a two year diploma course.

Also you are already a Child Care Manager if you run your own centre so again for you there is a pathway - this isn't the same as the OP.