G'day

JRJones

Hi PIOers!

Jamie here, introducing myself on the forum having been a lurker for the past 6 months or so! :laugh:

So, bit about me - I'm English, Yorkshire born, living in London with my Australian wife (she's a Brissy girl) that I married in April. We have been in discussions about the potential of moving to Australia for a year or so. She's been here nearly 8 years and I'm keen to move to Australia. I absolutely love the country having been 3 times in the past 3 years. Mrs is keen to move back home now, so it seems like it is inevitable!

Anyway, last Sunday 17/7/16 I officially submitted my 309 de facto visa application, having been collecting the evidence for the past 3 months or so, meaning that I'll be a lot more active in the migration/visas area of the forum to keep you updated on my journey!

If/when we move over to QLD, we will be looking to live in the Brisbane area so we are close to OH's family so as you can imagine I've been spending quite a bit of my time researching different suburbs and house prices too, and honestly I've found this forum to be so insightful and it's great seeing so many people having success with their applications and starting new lives.

Our timeline is fairly flexible but we are looking to be out in QLD (one way flight, all being well) by Xmas 2017, giving us nearly 18 months to get everything sorted. Obviously if for whatever reason I get granted my visa insanely quickly then we will revisit this timeline :cute:

Anywho, going to stop rambling now as I'm sure it's not that interesting :biglaugh:

All the best,

Jamie