Can my 19 year old go on my visa

Kell

Hi please help , does anyone know if I can put my son on our visa he's 19, he's not independent but is currently on universal credits , and would be unable to support himself without me and my husband , Im So confused .

I think it depends on if he has ever had a full-time job or lived away from home independently. The fact he is receiving benefits suggests that he his not wholly dependent on you - and would not meet the criteria. From what I remember, you can't make your son dependent after the fact, he has to have been living at home, or at university under your support i.e. he can't quit a job and move back home and claim dependency. I would speak to an agent for advice.

I'm trying get my 19 yr old on 189 visa with myself and husband, submitted in Jan and still waiting.

just been asked today for another form re dependency! I think it might be 47a but agent hasn't confirmed with us! She told my husband that we need to do another form and give evidence.

we have no bloody luck in our family?

we have been told that if in education and living at home with part time job it should be granted but we tick all these boxes and ours hasn't ben granted yet!

Hi please help , does anyone know if I can put my son on our visa he's 19, he's not independent but is currently on universal credits , and would be unable to support himself without me and my husband , Im So confused .

You could try, but you might be asked to remove him from the application. Receiving benefits is contradictory to him being dependent upon you I would fear. When did he leave education? If it is less than six months ago and he could get back into it now then that would help your case.

I'm trying get my 19 yr old on 189 visa with myself and husband, submitted in Jan and still waiting.

just been asked today for another form re dependency! I think it might be 47a but agent hasn't confirmed with us! She told my husband that we need to do another form and give evidence.

we have no bloody luck in our family?

we have been told that if in education and living at home with part time job it should be granted but we tick all these boxes and ours hasn't ben granted yet!

Totally different situation to OPs. Should be no problem in your scenario. We all had forms to fill in and paperwork needs checking, it is normal process nothing to do with your bad luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also interested in this post as my daughter will be 19 when we emigrate. She would still be in education ie finished her A levels and either going to an Australian uni or gap year. We already have a 189 visa issued which she is listed on, she is obviously still at school now and when the visa was issued. Does anyone know what happens in this situation?

I am also interested in this post as my daughter will be 19 when we emigrate. She would still be in education ie finished her A levels and either going to an Australian uni or gap year. We already have a 189 visa issued which she is listed on, she is obviously still at school now and when the visa was issued. Does anyone know what happens in this situation?

She has her own visa. She can do what ever she wants - work, study start a business. Makes no difference once the visa is granted

• 5 weeks later...

She's a permanent resident, can do whatever she pleases