Hello from Victoria

Guest blondies

Guest blondies

Hi :) just thought I'd introduce myself. Just joined the site .

I am living in Frankston South, Mornington Penninsula. We moved to Oz 1 1/2 years ago. 10 months in Western Australia and now just south of Melbourne.

Melbournes a great city but roll on the summer here it feels like Scotland at the moment! Brrrrrr..

Anyone moving here ???

Anyone else in the area fancy meeting for a beer or a coffee???

Loving Australia just missing friends and family.

We would love to meet you.

Donna & Gordon, Ferne(14), Hamish (7), Reece (4)

Guest OldiesRUs

Hi Blondie and welcome to PIO.

We are moving to your area hopefully mid next year - coffee might be cold by then I'm afraid.

But I think there are quite a few who live in the area that come on to PIO, so I'm sure you will get some positive response.

Jean.

Guest THE JONEZYS

Welcome to PIO.

We are renting in Mornington at the mo', whilst our house is being built in Mt Martha so just 10 mins' from where you are.

PM me if tou would like to meet for a coffee.

Lesley

Guest thistles and gum trees

Hi Blondies.

We arrive on Melbourne on Saturday 27th October. Cant wait. Would love to meet up and make new friends but are going to be living out in the Gippsland area. Still planning lots of shopping trips to mebourne though so perhaps could meet up some time?

Have 14, 12, and 8 year olds.

Coming from Scotland ourselves, hope the weather improves by the time we arrive!

Take care, Thisltes...

Guest Vicar of Dibley

Hi there. Welcome to the insanity that is PIO.

Can't meet up as not there yet...but wanted to say Hi too!

Hi :) just thought I'd introduce myself. Just joined the site .

I am living in Frankston South, Mornington Penninsula. We moved to Oz 1 1/2 years ago. 10 months in Western Australia and now just south of Melbourne.

Melbournes a great city but roll on the summer here it feels like Scotland at the moment! Brrrrrr..

Anyone moving here ???

Anyone else in the area fancy meeting for a beer or a coffee???

Loving Australia just missing friends and family.

We would love to meet you.

Donna & Gordon, Ferne(14), Hamish (7), Reece (4)

Hi blondies

What didn't you like about WA ............ if anything?

Do you find living over in Victoria better than when you were over here in the West?

I've been lucky enough to travel extensively around this vast continent through work........ but i never quite made it to Melbourne apart from brief stopovers at the airport. Just curious as to what Victoria is really like?

Guest windsor

Is it really as cold as Scotland?? Brrr

We are off to Melbourne to check it out in November. Looking forward to the trip but not the flight with a 1 year old ARGH!! Can anyone suggest any areas to look at? We are going to look at Greensborough, Point Cook, Sanctury Lakes, Sale, Mornington. Would like somewhere that isn't too far from local shops but in a community and not too busy but with things to do.. Also not too far from beach if poss but will still look even if a little while away.

How exciting!!

Shani:huh:

We are off to Melbourne to check it out in November. Looking forward to the trip but not the flight with a 1 year old ARGH!! Can anyone suggest any areas to look at? We are going to look at Greensborough, Point Cook, Sanctury Lakes, Sale, Mornington. Would like somewhere that isn't too far from local shops but in a community and not too busy but with things to do.. Also not too far from beach if poss but will still look even if a little while away.

How exciting!!

Shani:huh:

You'll probably find the trip over although very long and arduous; will be magic as the airline hosties usually take good care of youngsters and make a real fuss of them.

If you can; try and get a seat up against a bulkhead which has a pulldown bassinet thingy.

We flew from UK here with a 1 year old, a 3 year old, and a 4 year old.......... no problems. Only problem we had was in the UK on the Tube.......... no-one offers to help a struggling mum with 3 toddlers. Once we had left UK......... it was magic all the way and I'm sure it will be the same for you.

Guest blondies

How exciting!!

Shani:huh:[/quo

Hi Shani

Areas we looked at and sounds like we had similar ideas. We looked at Williamstown, loved it, Mornington loved it, Frankston didn't love it but we have ended up here and its a good place to live.The general opinion from people who don't live here it is its a bit rough and don't go near it, but that works to the benefit of the house prices in Frankston South its really really nice, nice beach everything on the door step and not crazy busy. 1 hour from Melbourne by train. (not to be confused with Frankston North). There are really too many nice area to suggest but these were the ones we found which were quieter but with all the facilities, shopping centres, swimming pools theaters, Gyms etc.

If you need anymore info just let me know.

And believe me the 1 year old will be a breeze on the flight. Its the crochetty adults who are a pain in the ass!

Donna

Give us a shout in November when you get here.

Guest THE JONEZYS

Well it was 19 here today!! So yeah mid winter here is about the same as mid summer in Scotland lol.

Lesley

Guest blondies

hi

there was nothing I didn't like in WA. I loved it, especially the weather. And the beaches. and the people...etc etc etc.We were in Fremantle its a really unique little place.

We came to Victoria because of my husbands work. Victoria is beautiful. I love Melbourne. its an action packed area with something for everyone and I am really enjoying living here.Although I would swap the weather with WA in a second. Just spoilt in WA. But after living in Scotland this winter is positivly tropical!

Oh how quickly we forget the cauld miserable winters.

Donna

Guest windsor

Thank-you for the advice and no doubt will be doing lot's of driving around. Have a friend who lives in St Kilda. We went to Thailand 6 years ago and she met a guy from Melbourne and moved over there about 5 years ago but she lives the working, drinking life so not on the same wavelength as me who has a child and cannot see why we don't want to live in near the city.. Oh she will find out one day he he!!

If we like it in Nov we will probably go early next year..

Guest blondies

I have to agree with your friend. If i had a choice of anywhere to live and unlimited budget I would be in St Kilda too. i love it. And I have 3 kids. All the kids love it there too. will have to keep doing the lotto.

Donna

hi

there was nothing I didn't like in WA. I loved it, especially the weather. And the beaches. and the people...etc etc etc.We were in Fremantle its a really unique little place.

We came to Victoria because of my husbands work. Victoria is beautiful. I love Melbourne. its an action packed area with something for everyone and I am really enjoying living here.Although I would swap the weather with WA in a second. Just spoilt in WA. But after living in Scotland this winter is positivly tropical!

Oh how quickly we forget the cauld miserable winters.

Donna

I'd never heard a good report about Melbourne's famous weather........... it's supposed to be akin to Manchester.

Perth on the other hand is magic weather-wise:biglaugh: Could have fooled me! This looks like being the harshest winter ever down under............. fair dinkum! When will this rain ever stop.

Everyone here keeps saying, "Well we need it!" Maybe we do........... would be brill if it could only just pour down between midnight and 6-00am:wacko:

Guest jonseywife

Hi Blondies & you other guys

Welcome to PIO.......

We are heading for Mornington/Frankston South as soon as our house sells, so later this year hopefully !!!!!!!!!!!

So you can put me on your "coffee morning" list when I get their !!!!!!! :yes:

We still cant make our mind up between Mornington or Frankston South ?????????? We initial thought Frankston South as we have four kids, three of them teenagers... so I wanted to be in the thick of it all...... I did'nt want to drag them half way round the world them live somewhere toooooo quiet, as they would hate us for it !!!!!!!!!!!! I think it will have more going on for them but we're still so drawn to Mornington............ so confusing !!!!!! We will have to make our minds up when we're out there I think !!!!!!! Any extra info would be appreciated.................

:wacko:

Anyhow, take care and keep us updated...........

Sally-ann

Guest windsor

Perhaps I will fall in love with St Kilds too but know it is expensive and we would like to only have a small mortgage.

As the the weather it has been non stop ran here and flooding and again not between 12-6 but just 24hrs a day however the sun has come out hooray and got burnt yesterday painting the fence oops..

Guest blondies

Good luck with the house sale. Its so tough deciding where to live esp with schools to consider. I am sure you will love both areas for different reasons as we do. If you are looking for schools I can highly recommend Frankston High School. good luck and hope to hear from you when you arrive.

Donna

Guest thistles and gum trees

Hi Shani - We'll be in Sale in November (only just) so if you are heading out that way for a look around, please feel free to drop by for a cuppa.

Sarah

Guest windsor

Thank-you Donna and Sarah for your offers and it would be so great to catch up with people to get their views although Sarah yours might be through jet lag vision he he..

Oh it is just all so exciting but will still be looking at pro's and con's before we make our BIG step...

Shani

Guest ratupadrainpipe

hello, we are just up the road in mt eliza, been here three years , we just found this site and look forward to joining in with the chat, if we can help you out in any way or just fancy a coffee just pm us, good luck , paula.

Archived