Hi everyone, need advice, new to this site.

Rob Paul

Hi there,

My name is Rob and i have never used a forum before. I am a qualified refrigeration and air con engineer. I'm 24, single, no kids or dependents. I did a 7 month stint in WA fitting air con down in the wine region and Perth 2013-2014. I'd like to apply for a skilled visa and come back to work as a fully licensed engineer. I was lucky enough to make many contacts that are keen to employ me. I didn't want to do a sponsorship when i was there as i wanted my own freedom and not to suddenly find myself "trapped" in one company. Also i have literally no family in Aus, just some close friends and an ex girlfriend.

I'm looking for anyone that can recommend me a decent agent in which i can do my skills transfers with. I've been talking to a guy called James (jim) Gordon who seems very professional and boasts a 100% migration record. He has a MARA number but when i searched on the IMMI/MARA database it returned no results, there were only 2 migration agents registered on MARA that are in the UK of which i have contacted. But was just wondering if anyone has any advice on Jim or anyone has used him? I'm not very Anal normally but i just want to find the best agent that would do the best job. Recommendations and stories appreciated. From what ive seen its gonna be a long, rocky road to Australia.

Rob.