Medicals / Anxiety Medication / colesteral

Guest liddylou

Guest liddylou

Hi, We are getting closer to the visa decision now and I have managed to totally wind myself up convincing myself that we will be refused entry due to the fact I am on (comming off) medication for hightened anxiety following my divorce some years ago. Things are fine now and I never experienced any more than panic attacks which have now stopped (hence comming off medication slowly, but, I have been reffered to a Psychaiatrist (can't spell this word) for an evaluation and am now set on the fact that they will refuse me entry after all this time. I also have a high ish colesteral level (hereditary) can't spell that either!!! which I again take medication for but is under control - Can someone please help, I am beside myself that I will be the blame for us not getting in. The visa decision is due in March/April. If my anxiety was better they surely know how to raise it - lol

Hi,

The medicals do ask questions about mental health, but it won't exclude you. I'm a mental health nurse, and an guessing that along with the medication you've learnt some techniques to cope with anxiety. Don't worry about seeing the psychiatrist - tell him how much better you are, how you're coming off the medication and how you've learned to control your anxiety - its something that we all have and is a normal thing - yours was related to a stressful situation. Ask for a copy of the letter that the psychiatrist sends to your GP too then you can take it along with the medical. They're only interested in people who may cost thousands of $$$

Good luck

Ali

Archived