Having read all your emails it seems very much like the actual path to enlistment is never the same! I am at the stage where I am awaiting my visa outcome (HOPEFULLY THIS WEEK!), I must say its been a nightmare dealing with the Oz Army, I am a WO2 in the APTC joining the Oz Medical Corps as a Sgt PTI. I will layout what my path has been which I am lead to believe is the correct order, here goes:
1. Initial contact email of transfer interest.
2. Email recieved & application form issued. (2-4 weeks)
3. Complete Application form.
4. Application form accessed & enlistment package issued. (2-4 weeks)
5. Complete enlistment package & return.
6. Enlistment package recieved & processed. (6-8 weeks)
7. Phone call - welfare interviews with myself & wife, questions & answers both ways. (2-4 weeks)
8. Report writen after welfare interviews - all OK. (2 weeks)
9. Formal job offer released, you sign & return.
10. Oz Army applies for your Labour Agreement on your behalf.
11. Labour Agreement agreed & recieved. (6-8 weeks)
12. Authority given to attend Panel Doctors for visa medicals (whol family)
13. Apply for visa.
14. Wait for visa outcome
From the above you can see some differences, my main problem has been the lack of contact (on their part) & compitance of the youny soldiers dealing with the application i.e they loose doc's, forget to request docs etc all of which has added approx 9 weeks to my whole process which in turn has put me in a possition where I am due to finish with the British Army in 1 week with no confirmed visa.
I have got a back up plan of Continuance & LSL if the visa is not approved but I am going to have to say yes or no to this before my ROD or else I will be a civi & then this is no longer an option! Which in turn then adds another problem of release from Continuance LSL when/if the visa is confirm.
All I can say is transfering has been a testing time & at times I have questioned myself on if I am making the right choice! But I am sure I am for all the all family. I hope the above info is of use & if I can help just ask.