Small family wanting to move out to Australia starts here!

Guest GuinnessGuzzler

Guest GuinnessGuzzler

Hi all

Myself and my husband would love to move out to Australia although unsure as of the best way for this process to begin?

Is it best to pay a company to do all the leg work for you? (Global Visas). Also my husband has the trade (painter and decorator - internal and external property etc). What are the chances of him becoming employed and if so any ideas on wage? We want to get the ball rolling as soon as possible but don't want to chuck money down the drain as Global Visas are not cheap.

I would really appreciate some feedback? :-)

Guest The Pom Queen

Welcome to the forum, without saying too much and being on these forums a number of years please can I ask that you google global visas.

Guest Levimouse
Hi all

Myself and my husband would love to move out to Australia although unsure as of the best way for this process to begin?

Is it best to pay a company to do all the leg work for you? (Global Visas). Also my husband has the trade (painter and decorator - internal and external property etc). What are the chances of him becoming employed and if so any ideas on wage? We want to get the ball rolling as soon as possible but don't want to chuck money down the drain as Global Visas are not cheap.

Hiya

I do not have any advice on Global visas individually but you could consider doing all the leg work yourself. I got quotes from 3 highly rated agents and they were all highly professional and very helpful but in the end I realised that the most difficult part of the visa process (for us) would be getting all the paperwork together. Well the agent could not do that for us and so we bit the bullet and went ahead without one. So far I have found it manageable (I am on maternity leave though).

I wouldn't manage without the people on this site though so don't get me wrong I do have support in this process.

Hope that helps

I second about doing some careful internet research before you commit to an agent. There are a few on here come recommended and include Go Matilda, Ian Harrop and Visa Bureau.

This is a handy reference page for good rated agents. The ones I've mentioned are all there. As are others. But you can see for yourself how they are rated ;)

http://migrationagentreviews.com/australia-agent-reviews.html

Hi all

Hi,avoid global visas like the plague! if you go with them you will still be here in five years time and out of pocket! trust me we learnt the hard way. the agent we are using now is excellent, if you would like his details p.m me.

BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR JOURNEY!:biggrin:

Good luck with the move and welcome to pomsinoz. It will usually take longer and more paperwork required for a skilled visa, skills will need to be asessed etc. Finding an employer to sponsor can be tough but there are other visas which are less secure but will get to to OZ in months rather than years depending what skill/trade you have.

• 2 years later...

We have been here for 6 months. We went with John Adams as our agent. They were great we got our own advisor so we wasn't passed round the office and she knew our situation. The kids loved going with him as they called him grizzly. It took 12 months all in to get our visa, lot of hard work. However John Adams told us exactly what to send them and when and also any changes that might be relevant to our case. I would say start collecting references and any work related documentation. I had to send photos and descriptions of work I had done. Next door neighbour in mornington vic is a painter and decorator and he is raking it in. He works for himself, but if you work for someone else pay is average. It is a good way to start out then once you have found your feet start up on your own. Lots of tax breaks for small businesses. Tax system here is great, every year everyone does ther tax returns and you get a good chunk back. I have just received 4k back.