Partner Visas - what does 'finalising' mean exactly?

Guest weekenddreamers

Guest weekenddreamers

Hi there

We applied for a Partner Visa for me (I'm British), my husband is Australian last October, we emailed our C/O to see if they had any updates for us as we'd not heard anything at all, we were sent an email basically saying that there was no further information needed and they would contact us either if they need further information or when our application has been finalised, which 'could' be mid March given the current average procesing times..

My question is What exactly does 'Finalising' mean?, is this good or bad?,

Does 'finalising' basically mean the Decision will be made at that time as to Approval or Rejection / Yes or No OR etc or does it mean an Approval?

So stressed, been waiting so long & so if anyone can shed any light on the above accurately we would be really grateful.

Thanks

:unsure:

Guest weekenddreamers

Thanks for the replies, do hope you'e right..we applied for ours 1st week of October so surely it can't be that much longer?, I don't think we have what would be classed as a complex case, just myself & my husband, no children & been together over 12 years, am disappointed & stressed that it's taking this long, it's really exhausting living life in suspense as am sure everyone in this situ can understand...never mind, fingers crossed eh?..

Guest weekenddreamers

Hiya, thanks for the reply there..

I only emailed o the 21st & then had the reply back from them on the 28th Fe about the 'finalising' thing which to me doesn't mean anything, if finalizing is not actually granting or approving then does it mean I may have to wait weeks more for 'approval'?, Other Forums I have been on catagorically state that you should Not phone your Case Office as it makes no difference whatsoever but how true this is am not sure. Am really concerned that if the visa doesn't come thru soon (and it is almost 5 months now) that we'll be struggling to find available flights before my Health/Police Checks expire..so fed up...

Guest weekenddreamers

thanks for the reply, will try to hold myself back from calling but the suspense is really wearing me out, I'll probably weaken & phone by the end of the month if we still don't hear, it's crazy that for such a simple non complex case with such a long history together it takes this long...

I understand caseloads & quotas are involved but part of the understanding is also to do with how complex or not the case is, would've thought we would have had a decision eefore now, never mind, need to keep working on that Patience skill!!