Adelaide & Smellbum, Batten Down!

Bobj

Apparently Adelaide had its worst weather yesterday in 50 years and a bit of it is heading this way. :frown:

I don't know where you saw this? It was a really nice day yesterday. Today on the other hand is rather wet at the moment but not too windy yet.

SOUTH Australia will be a state in darkness tonight after a monster storm caused blackouts across the entire state.

The Advertiser reports that the blackout will last at least four to eight hours.

SA Power Networks advised residents to “Please brace for extended outages and ensure you conserve mobile device battery” in a Tweeted message.

Flooded parts of northern Victoria could see more stream rises with heavy rain forecast today and tomorrow.

A severe weather warning is in place for large parts of the state, with a moderate flood warning also posted for the Loddon River.

“Most of the west and central parts of the state will see rainfall and that will continue into Thursday,” Bureau of Meteorology forecaster Beren Bradshaw told AAP.

A band of bad weather is moving across from South Australia and the rain will start to hit northern Victoria this afternoon.

HERALD SUN

B

Whole of South Australia without electricity until tomorrow morning according to news.

It wasn't that bad. Power went off at about 3:50pm and started coming back on in some areas by 6pm. Our suburb got power back at about 10:30pm and I know a few of my colleagues had power back by 7:00pm and others around 9:00pm. There are still some parts of the state without power, some due to the issue that caused the state wide outage and others due to issues caused by the continuing wild weather.

I'm in Adelaide CBD and it's actually quite calm here at the moment. Went out for lunch and there was blue skies and sunshine. Not sure it's quite so nice in other parts of the state though.

Whole of South Australia without electricity until tomorrow morning according to news.

Nah, wasn't that bad :smile:Most of the metro area was back on about 7pm, other parts a bit later. Some regional areas are without power, 75,000 homes around the state as of this morning, though more got power back over today.

We lost power here for a lot longer a few months back, for almost 18 hours. This time it was only 4 or so hours and was far less noticed. Given we had all the weather alerts we had time to prepare. The long outage we had of course wasn't state wide and was localised and some were off for longer than us. But it was a small number of homes overall.

The river opposite our house had a bit of a growth spurt overnight - but I think the locaal council probably wins a prize for "Sign Stating the Obvious"![ATTACH=CONFIG]34160[/ATTACH]

Well knowing how quits a few drivers try and go through my road works I would say it is not so bleeding obvious, especially as the sign is on the wrong side of the road and there are no correct barriers installed giving them the greatest of excuses!

For the I'm allright Jack folks saying it wasn't that bad, spare a thought for the 40,000 homeowners still without power.

I don't think anyone was taking an I'm alright Jack attitude, simply responding to an alarmist post stating that all of SA would be without power overnight which simply wasn't true. You are right though that there are a large number of people that are not so lucky and will be without power for quite some time. There are also a number of unfortunate people that have been badly effected by the weather in other ways, including property damage from falling trees and flooding.

Nah, wasn't that bad :smile:Most of the metro area was back on about 7pm, other parts a bit later. Some regional areas are without power, 75,000 homes around the state as of this morning, though more got power back over today.

We lost power here for a lot longer a few months back, for almost 18 hours. This time it was only 4 or so hours and was far less noticed. Given we had all the weather alerts we had time to prepare. The long outage we had of course wasn't state wide and was localised and some were off for longer than us. But it was a small number of homes overall.

All depended on which suburb you live ?

Kangarilla we were without power for 22 hours last time it was 40 hours

The rain was horrendous I have nerve in over 30 years seen anything like it

our worst problem is no electric we have no water as it's rainwater pumped through

Generator being bought soon for sure