Weather update

HelensvaleHoward

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just got in after walking my little dog. It's a clear, frosty morning out there. 2C at the moment and was - 1C last night. Lovely and toasty warm in the house though. It was the first day of winter yesterday. The last few days have been cold and blustery. Love the Tassie winters :smile:

I visited a friend who lives on a fairly remote farm in north Yorkshire. OK, the weather wasn't the best but by jingo the countryside and the views are glorious. She wouldn't live anywhere else and she has visited us here in Australia.

Yorkshire as some great countryside for sure plus the views are just wow

I'm proud to be a Yorkshireman

It has its fair share of nice weather also

I'm finding some great views here also

The weather aint too shabby here also

2 great parts of the world which I've lived in

Edited by HelensvaleHoward

We had a storm warning last night. Supposed to be damaging winds, thunder and lightning this morning. No sign of it, storm only brushed the far South coast apparently. Looking like a low 20's day again.

Was a bit cold for our ski paddle Saturday morning at 7:00 but warmed up to a lovely day after that. As long as we keep having nice weekends it can rain as much as it likes in the week. Which is not usually that much I might add.:cool:

Guest Louisa

Hit -6.8C. Had to break the ice with a matic handle it was too thick to break by hand. Gotta love 4 real seasons

Hit -6.8C. Had to break the ice with a matic handle it was too thick to break by hand. Gotta love 4 real seasons

Where are you Louisa? The 4 seasons that Perth gets are OK. Could do with a few less weeks of winter, I'm over it already.:wink: Never liked the cold.

I used to visit friends for long weekends who lived near Sunny Corner in NSW (kind of between Bathurst and Mudgee). They were snowed in some winters. They had horses and we had to break thick ice on their water troughs some days. Funny thing though - they had a weatherboard house and it was so well insulated and heated with a log burner stove - never felt cold in their house in spite of the cold weather outside.

Edited by JockinTas

Yorkshire as some great countryside for sure plus the views are just wow

I'm proud to be a Yorkshireman

It has its fair share of nice weather also

I'm finding some great views here also

The weather aint too shabby here also

2 great parts of the world which I've lived in

And is it common for Yorkshireman to say the word "also"alot?:laugh:

Shivering atm

Not used the new aircon unit in my office/workshop for heating yet

Not sure how long that will last lol

You need a wood burner, keeps us warm and costs next to nothing to run. It certainly makes these cold nights more comfortable.

Cal x