Heavy rains

Guest Guest66881

Guest Guest66881

Five days of heavy rains are set to smash Australia's eastern seaboard from tomorrow and continue into next week.

While the weekend will be wet for those in coastal areas, the rain will also provide some relief to drought-stricken parts of Queensland and eastern Victoria.

The Bureau of Meteorology warned the intense rain system will bring flash flooding and intense thunderstorms in Queensland and NSW, duty forecaster Simon Allen told Daily Mail Australia.

article-2725526-208A52B800000578-790_634x408.jpg

+3

A heavy downpour is set to hit Australia's eastern states with rainfall forecasted over a five-day period

article-2725526-208A916100000578-414_634x447.jpg

+3

Up to 60mm of rain expected in areas of NSW, Queensland and Victoria over the course of five days

The rain event started developing on Thursday in northwest NSW and southwest Queensland and is expected to spread through the east coast across the weekend.

There will be between 25 to 50mm of rain in NSW and Queensland on Saturday.

This includes drought stricken areas of Queensland, Mr Allen said.

Over the five-day event, there will be widespread rainfall in Queensland and NSW of expected 30 to 60mm of rain with higher totals possible in some locations due to thunderstorms.

'It's rare to see widespread rainfall over eastern Australia in August,' Mr Allen said.

The main rain band will clear from Queensland by Sunday afternoon while the wet weather will most likely be at its heaviest in south coast NSW and eastern Victoria.

Mr Allen said the weather is expected to ease up for NSW and Victoria by Tuesday.

article-2725526-208A4B8700000578-620_634x759.jpg

+3

Widespread rainfall in Queensland and NSW with expected 30 to 60mm of rain over the five-day event

[h=3]FIVE-DAY WEATHER FORECAST

[/h]SATURDAY

• SYDNEY - Min 10 to max 18 degrees with a few showers increasing to rain
  • BRISBANE - Min 13 to max 18 degrees with rainfall
  • MELBOURNE - Min 5 to max 16 degrees with partly cloudy conditions

SUNDAY

• SYDNEY - Min 14 to max 17 degrees with rainfall and possible storm

• BRISBANE - Min 14 to max 19 degrees with early rainfall
  • MELBOURNE - Min 8 to max 15 degrees with chances of rain throughout the day

MONDAY

• SYDNEY - Min 12 to max 17 degrees with a shower or two and becoming windy
  • BRISBANE - Min 11 to max 22 degrees with partly cloudy conditions

• MELBOURNE - Min 10 to max 15 degrees with high chances of rain

TUESDAY

• SYDNEY - Min 11 to max 19 degrees with a shower or two
  • BRISBANE - Min 10 to max 22 with sunshine

• MELBOURNE - Min 10 to max 15 degrees with high chances of rain

WEDNESDAY

• SYDNEY - Min 13 to max 18 degrees with possible shower
  • BRISBANE - Min 9 to max 23 with partly cloudy conditions

• MELBOURNE - Min 9 to max 16 degrees with partly cloudy conditions

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2725526/Major-rainfall-set-hit-Australias-eastern-states-five-day-period-potential-flash-flooding-severe-thunderstorms.html#ixzz3ARtAx4Nl

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This winter has been extra dry...I noticed with shock this evening that our local creek is absolutely bone dry...not a drop :eek: Sounds like this weekend should get it running again.

I've just spendt nearly 6 mths in Adelaide,and wish I could say the same!Was like a monsoon for alot of the last 3 mths being there!lol

I've just spendt nearly 6 mths in Adelaide,and wish I could say the same!Was like a monsoon for alot of the last 3 mths being there!lol

Yes, I guess it's a bit upside down here in the sub-tropics...we even have our fire season in late winter/early spring after the dry winter, rather than late summer like temperate places...

Saturday is our one opportunity to inspect some properties on Open Days on our recce as it is our only Saturday and it is due here then. We have been warned to bring umbrellas. Should be fun!

You should change your name now Gbye grey sky - it's following you wherever you are :)! Good luck though, hope you find something nice on your travels. Take photos if you can, multiple viewings leave you wondering what you saw at the beginning !

You should change your name now Gbye grey sky - it's following you wherever you are :)! Good luck though, hope you find something nice on your travels. Take photos if you can, multiple viewings leave you wondering what you saw at the beginning !

Reckon you are right there. It seemed a very English rainy day today with filled in grey and constant rain and quite chilly. We certainly viewed a lot of houses in the space of 4 hours. Most people though just seem to walk in and walk out again so the must know what they are looking for. Not sure you can take photos but picked up info sheet at each house which reminds us.

Reckon you are right there. It seemed a very English rainy day today with filled in grey and constant rain and quite chilly. We certainly viewed a lot of houses in the space of 4 hours. Most people though just seem to walk in and walk out again so the must know what they are looking for. Not sure you can take photos but picked up info sheet at each house which reminds us.

Totaly agree with the highlighted bit, brilliant description, its not done the usual, hammer it down for a few hours, its just constantly come down all day and im actually surprised how down and 'yakky' it has made me feel, even though i know we need it.

Cal x