Category 5 - Cyclone Ita - Far North Queenslnd

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

Anyone up in FNQ I'm sure you are watching this system and have got your cyclone plan ready.

We are currently in the outback up here, although not sure how my house will be when we get back and feel terrible that my two eldest are still in Cairns working. They have had strict orders on what to do and what not to do, but you know boys they don't listen.

I've already heard the supermarkets have sold out of toilet roll and that a fight broke out in Coles over the last tin of baked beans. :no: I wouldn't mind but I've just stocked up my fridge and freezer so I hope power doesn't go like with yasi.

We will stock up before we drive back up to Cairns on our toilet roll :laugh: that's if we can get home as the Bruce always floods and I would think the inland road will be badly hit. @Bobj you may have three weary travellers camping in your garden lol.

Guest The Pom Queen
just a minor zephyr LOL :eek:

If your at YK and need a place on higher ground let me know tonight and I will get my eldest to drop you our key off. Be warned though we have thousands of trees and had a couple down with Yasi.

If your at YK and need a place on higher ground let me know tonight and I will get my eldest to drop you our key off. Be warned though we have thousands of trees and had a couple down with Yasi.

Thanks Kate,that is much appreciated but I think Ita will be west of us on the Tablelands on Saturday......we will still cop a hammering but my unit block is built to Cat 5 standards (so I am told) so should be alright......worst aspect is the maybe loss of power as Yorkeys is one of the first to lose power (due to the crappy power poles, thanks Ergon Energy you bunch of bastards)...this will mean the beer will warm and the icecubes for the whisky will run out......will have to get a few bags of ice tomorrow for the Esky. Have promised myself a small generator but keep putting it off.....hope it doesn't come back to bite me on the arse. LOL

Once again Kate, thanks for the offer, much appreciated.......just hope your boys will be OK.

Edited by Sir Les Patterson
spelling

Glad you have your priorities right Les:wink:

having survived quite a few Tropical Cyclones over the years one tends to eventually get one's priorities right.........beer, whisky and gas BBQ.....the three essentials.

This is what TC ITA looks like from the American NOAA Satellite

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohemiloops/shirgmscol.html

Guest The Pom Queen

@Sir Les Patterson we have a spare generator so if needed just shout. Linda Cooper has just told us we are going to get it worse than most other suburbs because of the cross winds coming down off the ranges. Wouldn't mind but we just put our excess up to $5,000 to reduce the premium by $8,000, lol.

Anyone up in FNQ I'm sure you are watching this system and have got your cyclone plan ready.

We are currently in the outback up here, although not sure how my house will be when we get back and feel terrible that my two eldest are still in Cairns working. They have had strict orders on what to do and what not to do, but you know boys they don't listen.

I've already heard the supermarkets have sold out of toilet roll and that a fight broke out in Coles over the last tin of baked beans. :no: I wouldn't mind but I've just stocked up my fridge and freezer so I hope power doesn't go like with yasi.

We will stock up before we drive back up to Cairns on our toilet roll :laugh: that's if we can get home as the Bruce always floods and I would think the inland road will be badly hit. @Bobj you may have three weary travellers camping in your garden lol.

Just in time for another bunch of bananas...It will be our great pleasure.yahoo.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest The Pom Queen
Just in time for another bunch of bananas...It will be our great pleasure.yahoo.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

We will stay here for another two days and assess the situation unless our house is hit then we may have to fly in. We will probably head inland as the Bruce will be closed no doubt

BOM is forecasting 200-300mm rain on Sunday even down here so you'd be better off in his boat.

I have a litre and a half in the cabinet, two lemons in the fruit bowl and 16 small cans of tonic water, ice could be the only problem after a couple of days if power goes off

Dunno, I think you might be a bit short on lemons! What about other essentials - chocolate? Batten down!