Koala's at Phillip Island, Melbourne

AnxiousMum

Hi We went to a little wildlife park there. You werent allowed to hold the koalas but the place was lovely. Most of the animals just bounding around freely. Not sure if there is somewhere else on the island to hold koalas but the the place we went to.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi

Unfortunately in Victoria and NSW it is against the law to hold a Koala. You can have your photo taken at the side of them at one of the Wildlife Parks. If Wildlife Wonderland have any baby wombats in they sometimes let you have a cuddle with them, again they are another wildlife park on the way down to Philip Island.

Guest The Pom Queen
Thanks for info, we are going to Gold Coast too and have now found a wildlife park that lets you hold the koala's. Again thanks I would have gone there thinking I could hold one and been very upset.

Enjoy your holiday!!

There are some lovely places on Gold Coast try Welcome to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary - Home Australia Zoo is also a good day out and you can have your photo taken with a koala there also Australia Zoo - Our Animals - Wildlife Photos Or better still head off to Dreamworld where you can have your photo taken with a koala and also get up close and have one taken with a tiger Dreamworld - Tiger Island - Tiger Photos

Oh dear I think I am ready for another holiday now:jiggy:

Archived