Schools around Doreen, Diamond Creek, Whittlesea

fjm

I'm looking for info on schools, both primary and secondary, around these areas. Also general info about these areas would be gratefully received! I've visited them before but that was when they were very much still open grassland - I believe there has been a lot of development in the last 5yrs.

Many thanks

The council is South Morang so if you look up the site you will get info on most things.

If you look at sits like essential baby there are forums about schools and a lot of information from other parents etc.

Thanks. It's so hard finding out unbiased info on Australian schools - much easier here when you can jus look up ofsted!

My eldest 2 went to Greensborough Secondary College; there were plenty of kids at that school from Doreen, Whittlesea and Diamond Creek. Not entirely sure of the circumstances; maybe the kids were already enrolled in the school and at some point their parents moved house out of the local area?

I know there is Diamond Valley College in Diamond Creek.

Whittlesea is in City of Whittlesea council area. Diamond Creek is in Nillumbik Shire. Doreen is in both of those council areas depending on where you will be living.

Whittlesea seems to me to be a quiet little place; I only ever pass through it on my bike on my way up to the Kinglake Hills. No Trains directly, but it has bus services. Nearest Metro train station would be South Morang, Epping or Hurstbridge. Driving in towards the City along Plenty Road at rush hour times is a very congested route.

Diamond Creek is much busier, especially at weekends. Busy little town centre, some nice cafes. Diamond Creek is on the Hurstbridge train line if good public transport is a major consideration also.

Doreen isn't known to me all that well; suffice to say that it is a massive housing area, not on a train line, but served by buses. Nearest Metro train station would be Hurstbridge, Diamond Creek, or South Morang. Apparently there are plans to extend the train line from Sth Morang to Mernda. There is a very large community out Mernda/Doreen way with not a large amount of facilities. If driving, Yan Yean road gets very busy at times, as does Plenty Road if you go the other way out of Doreen.

• 1 month later...