Perth to Melbourne

siiobhan

Been in Perth over a year now living in Mandurah - which is beautiful but travelling 3 hours to work everyday - i work in Recruitment - and not even being accepted for Receptionist jobs around Mandurah area is becoming frustrating!

Tbh im not a fan of the heat atm haha i can handle it but even the simplest tasks of getting ready or going out of a wknd its too hot and makes me not want to do ANYTHING which lead to big rows with my partner who is on a 4:1 roster.

I really want to move somewhere a bit cooler and more going on thinking of Melbourne! has anyone done this and could offer any advise :)

Thank you!

Siobhan, I am doing exactly that!

I lived in Melbourne for 4 years and my OH did FIFO from Melbourne. We moved over here a year and half ago as we thought it would be better for his travelling. Now going back to Melbourne in 2 weeks. He will go back to flying over from Melbourne once a month for his work. We pay for his flights from Melbourne to Perth but it works out fine as it is so much cheaper to buy or rent property there. Am not going to get into a Perth/Melbourne discussion, but just say I much prefer Melbourne. If you need any help about stuff just let me know.

I really want to move somewhere a bit cooler and more going on thinking of Melbourne! has anyone done this and could offer any advise :)

Thank you!

Hi Siobhan, no personal experience of Perth but just wanted to say we love the climate here in Melbourne, its a lot better than many people make it out to be and there is rarely any humidity which makes even the warmer days very bearable.

And I love the seasons - its great to get a cooler winter, although where we live we don't get frost or snow, we can drive to snow in just over 2 hours for skiing, tobogganning etc in the mid-winter.

Hope it all works out for you.

BB

Hi Siobhan, I presume you are Irish or some Irish heritage, we live in bayside in Melbourne and I loved Perth when I was there back in early 2001 but the job I do meant that I would have been too busy with the hotter climate out there. We are going back to Ireland for 6 weeks in June so if you were interested in a cheap 3 bed house in the suburbs for a tester let me know... I like the changeable weather, as u won't often get too many days in a row over 30 then a 23 day hits for a day or two

People who do not live in Melbourne make fun of our climate but over four million people do not agree with them lol. I love the four seasons of the year. Have lived in Sydney before coming to live in Melbourne and just love Melbourne more. Nothing I don't like about it. I have family in Perth as my Uncle migrated to Perth at the same time my parents moved to Aus and my parents lived there for a while but they did not like Perth either. I have never lived in Perth and do like the place to visit but Melbourne is home.

People who do not live in Melbourne make fun of our climate but over four million people do not agree with them lol. I love the four seasons of the year. Have lived in Sydney before coming to live in Melbourne and just love Melbourne more. Nothing I don't like about it. I have family in Perth as my Uncle migrated to Perth at the same time my parents moved to Aus and my parents lived there for a while but they did not like Perth either. I have never lived in Perth and do like the place to visit but Melbourne is home.

lived in Melbourne for 2 years and loved it But. Mornington is fantastic but if you don't pay the toll tax to drive on the freeways. To get the city it's ****...... It takes ages and the transport isn't great either most of the public transport stops at 9 and loads of tags and graffiti ..... I like Melbourne as a city but it's a city that's wot it is and as for 4 seasons yeh it's within one day everyone should wear the zip of trousers and shorts and body warmers .....with sleeves