How to pay tolls picking family up from airport...

LadyCroft

We need to collect relatives from Tullamarine, leaving from Berwick. Never had to pay tolls before and am confused (lazy) reading the website so anyone done it and can tell me the best way to do it? Can you just buy 2 "one way only" passes and use one to go to Tullamarine then the other to come back? Thanks

I suggest you ring them and find out.

But are you saying you want to use both eastlink and citylink ?

You will probably need a daypass for both then.

I would go with daypass.

All you do is ring them in advance tell them the day and give your credit card details.

Why would you need to use Eastlink?

From Berwick you take the Monash Fwy into town, through the tunnel then turn off onto the bolte bridge and drive straight up to Tullamarine. That way you only use citylink. Its also a lot quicker than trying to get through the top of melbourne when you get off the eastern freeway.

Citylink, Eastlink... I always get confused talking about the two. Yeh, we just want to drive the quickest and most direct route there and back. Last time we went to the airport we had chosen the "avoid tolls" on the GPS and it was so much longer with the traffic and everything. Easier just to pay to use the toll roads there and back, especially since we will have jet lagged passengers.

Thanks for the help. Appreciate it.