Mount/Glen Waverley

md0u10fd

Both of these suburbs are highly desirable due to the school zones and the prices of property reflect this. There are good shopping centres around, good train services and really they are middle dormitory suburbs. I go to the Glen Shopping Centre a bit and like it, prefer it to Bentons Square. A lot of Australians of chinese heritage have moved to Glen Waverly because of the school. The suburbs have changed over the years as people have aged and new residents have moved in, this happens with most suburbs in the centre band. People as they age tend to move further out or further in depending on whether they want a country change or a city change. So newer migrants tend to move into these areas.

The suburbs are very handy for the Monash Medical Centre etc so will be popular with people who work there. Also not that far from Monash University campuses so popular with those people.

Join up with the life in victoria forum there is a link at the foot of this page.

Yes they are both very nice.

I live very close to them and they are great.

The Glen Waverley centre does seem to have a lot of Asians who have moved in, but I don't think this represents the suburbs overall.

Very good infrastructure. I like The Glen too and go there a lot.

Both Glen Waverley Secondary College and Mount Waverley Secondary College have excellent reputations.

Nothing for you to be concerned about. Housing won't be cheap though.