Leeds United / football fans in western subs or further

MelbYork

Just wondering if there are any LUFC or general football fans out there for my die-hard hubby. We moved over this week from York, and I'm keen to find him some common ground to help him settle in. (I'm Melbourne born and bred). He's a massive football fan, and also loves real ale and music. I know there's a LUFC supporters group in Victoria, but unsure how active they are, and it would also be great for me to meet some other long suffering wives/partners :)

Why would anyone miss Leeds United?! They're a joke nowadays.

Get him in to AFL - cheap as chips, great game and you're never short of something to talk about. If he's a Leeds fan he'll fit in well as a Collingwood fan(!) If he's a proper Yorkshireman he should also like his cricket. Melbourne Stars Twenty20 is a really good night out from Dec to Jan.

Best of luck

I did a bit of Googling because I'm in Sydney. I found out that Spurs fans meet at the Imperial Hotel in Bourke Street and also found a site that seems to list pubs that are open through the night. You have to make sure they have Setanta too, as I think most non-EPL games are shown on there, not Foxtel?

http://www.bbmlive.com/watch-english-premier-league-live-in-melbourne

I see Leeds Utd fans meet at the Charles Dickens Tavern.

About

if576vUBGbR.png

Leeds United Victoria (est. 2005) is a large group of LUFC fans from Melbourne, Australia. TV games screened at Charles Dickens Tavern.

gktOow4GjKP.png

http://www.leedsunitedvictoria.com/

I don't know what has gone wrong with Leeds Utd? It's bad enough being a Spurs fan, but at least we seem to have kept our finances in the black.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Jayk,

Sorry for the lag, & hope the last minute prep for your move is going well. Where outside York are you from? Hubby is from Pickering way.

He's been back there since the start of the year with family stuff, but is returning to Melb at the end of June. He didn't get a chance to get involved with the Victorian LUFC supporters club when he was last over, but is dead keen to this time around. Looks like they have a good Facebook and Twitter page, and he's planning on heading to the Charles Dickens Tavern the next time they show a Leeds game. Give us a holler if you ever want to catch up for a pint and talk football.

Cheers,

Marde.

Hi Jayk,

Sorry for the lag, & hope the last minute prep for your move is going well. Where outside York are you from? Hubby is from Pickering way.

He's been back there since the start of the year with family stuff, but is returning to Melb at the end of June. He didn't get a chance to get involved with the Victorian LUFC supporters club when he was last over, but is dead keen to this time around. Looks like they have a good Facebook and Twitter page, and he's planning on heading to the Charles Dickens Tavern the next time they show a Leeds game. Give us a holler if you ever want to catch up for a pint and talk football.

Cheers,

Marde.

What has happened to Leeds? They won the first EPL championship? I used to know almost every player, Sprake/Harvey, Giles, Reaney?? (Not Rooney!) Giles, Clark, Jones, Lorimer, Hunter, Bremner, Cherry, Johansen, Madeley, Greenhoff?, must have just about got 1965 Cup Final team? Jack Charlton! Were there two Greenhoffs? Brian Jimmy?

they spend too much chasing the champions league and nearly went out of business.... There was a time not so long ago they were super popular in Australia, Champions league, Viduka and Kewell..its been a slow recovery, but they getting there

Yes I sort of know that and I guess that, as a Spurs fan, grinding my teeth in frustration at how Chelsea and Arse outperform us, I remind myself that Spurs have zero debt!

I'm a big Leeds fan and its been tough for a while now

I still follow them listen to games on there website and watch all the action when I can

Leeds you either love em or hate them

I used to know almost every player, Sprake/Harvey, Giles, Reaney?? (Not Rooney!) Giles, Clark, Jones, Lorimer, Hunter, Bremner, Cherry, Johansen, Madeley, Greenhoff?, must have just about got 1965 Cup Final team? Jack Charlton! Were there two Greenhoffs? Brian Jimmy?

Thats when they were known as dirty Leeds

1972 FA Cup winners vs the Gunners

Marching on together were gonna see you win

na na na na na na na

We are so proud we shout it out loud

We love you Leeds Leeds Leeds

So many great memories watching them from the Kop