• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
      Tim

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      804 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Missiemo View Post
      Yes that is correct, I have friends in Adelaide who have said they are the most unfriendliest bunch of people she has ever had to live with, and a friend who has just moved back from WA saying it has no character and even less humour.

Every thing about Melbourne is great, friendly people, great humour, loads to do and the best city in Australia.

Mo

x
      Hi Missiemo - Just wondering how you are finding Melbourne now? We are looking at other places also apart from WA here?

TackleBox - Fishing Australia stuff.

Title
      Liked
      46 times
      Rep
      Blog Entries

As a Sydneysider ...

I would say Melbourne is a great city to be ... I would choose to live there if it weren't for the fact that my work keeps me in Sydney. What does Melbourne have that Sydney doesn't? Well, real culture and conversation, decent pubs and cafes [where you can actually have a glass of wine!!!!], friendly people and affordable housing.
      On the other hand it has a muddy river instead of a harbour and a 4-seasons-in-1-day climate. The main drawback for me is that the locals are all totally obsessed about a code of football that nobody else understands.

Title
      MS Main Street
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
      Hi Missiemo - Just wondering how you are finding Melbourne now? We are looking at other places also apart from WA here?
      Tim, was at a barbie with Mo last night................she will get back to you............when she recovers from walking into a closed flyscreen!!
      OUCH.........................How's the nose this morning Mo?????????
      Lesley
      DOWNUNDUNLUVINIT

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      Leslie, You are a wicked girl, you promised you would keep that a secret, sober now and no closed fly screens, nose in one piece LOL, good to catch up last night
      Hello Tim,, Sorry I have not been on for a while, still in Mornington would not live anywhere else to be honest, will have holidays in the other states but would not leave Melbourne, we love it, only a hour to the city from where we live, and enough stuff to keep the girls happy, can not believe we are coming up to our second christmas in Melbourne, will be off to the city again this new year's eve for the fantastic firework display and entertainment which is laid on free of charge for the kids
      Are you thinking of moving to Melbourne?
      Mo
      Missiemo

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

nothing wrong with melbourne!!!

we moved here at the end of august, and were having a fab time!! We are living in Torquay, the beginning of the great ocean rd, about an hours drive from Mel. It really all depends on what you want out of your move. Remember Mel is a city, home to about 3 million people so it has good and bad points as a city would, traffic is not good, we have toll charges etc. But then there are very obvious plus points too, as in the fab museums, waterfront, yummy food, great shopping......and it's AUSTRALIA!!!!

Don't sweat about your TRA or your visa app. It seems like waiting forerver, like xmas as a kid but it does pass eventually and before you know it youll be packing up and saying teary goobyes!! Make the most of what time you are in uk as it will be gone before you know it!!
      If I could give any advise and that would be to declutter now, as it will make packing when it happens easier, besides which youll end up paying to bring stuff you dont want! Also make sure you pack warm stuff and shoes for all weathers as it is pretty changable!! I only brought slip on shoes as we left in august and my feet were cold!! Been buying new shoes to keep my toes warm!

my hubby is a plumber too! recommend you look at the plumbing industry commission. He was corgi in uk, but still has to do their certificates, only earning apprentice wage until hes redone their exams!! Long process to get registration. Give yourself a good 6 weeks when you get here to allow for all formalities.

Good luck, and stay patient!
      kb:v_SPIN:

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      I am a newbie to this site, and have just been reading this conversation!! Isn't it funny how everyone in the uk picks a city to move to, though most of us who left probably didn't live in one in the uk!! We are in Torquay, which is just outside Geelong and I have to say it is pretty perfect! Geelong is a developing city in compared to Melbourne or Sydney, but it has everything you need!Do a google search on these other areas and do some more research, The people are great and very welcoming. Anyone else reading this, think outside the box of picking a city, Australia is enormous and there are many amazing places to come and live!!

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Kelbel, thanks for that interesting post. We're not too worried about all those registration courses when we get there, I think Bradley will be quite happy to take it a bit easy with work and be someone's 'apprentice' until we find our feet and then he'll take the relevant courses in good time. We'll set aside some money so that he can do that.
      I'm trying really hard to be patient.........but 9 1/2 weeks!!!!! I know when we get that letter.......be it good or bad, all this waiting will be forgotton and we'll be busy getting to the next stage. I said in a previous thread that it feels so much like when I was pregnant with my babies........everyone I knew who was due after me went and had their babies before me....mine just didn't want to arrive - I ended up with 4 big chubby 10 pounders! I just hope that this letter when it finally comes will be a big, chubby, beautiful and happy arrival aswell!
      Tracyxx
      Bradley (Plumber)andTracy Roseanna10 Charley8 Amelia 5 and Isabella 2TRA sent 17.08TRA PASS15.10,175 VISA on-line 15.03X-Rays 25.03 MEDS 01.04 VISA GRANT 27.08

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi Tracey!

any news? Just wanted to say that it has been like pregnancy for me too!! How bizarre! It really is the unknown isn't it? In the same way when your pregnant, you can ask everyone advise, but until you go through it yourself everything anyone tells you is like a great mystery!!!
      All I can say is that just like having a baby it is still hard work even after you get your visa!!! Just remember the same advise as everyone gave you then, take time out for yourself in all the process as it is very draining sorting everything out, just like a baby!!

Let me know how you get on!! Keeping it all crossed for you!! Good luckxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:spinny: your head will feel like this for ages..........mines still spinning with all the changes, but it's slowed down a bit!!

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi Fraser ,what is Mornington perninsular like to live ? I hope to move back to Australia August 2008 with the family .

•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123