community

albert121

Which visa are you planning on getting? IIRC you are too old for some visas. As to whether you get a job or not, that depends on your qualifications and skill set and preparedness to go where there might be work but in general Australia can be very ageist and younger people will always have a better chance. You might also struggle to build up a decent retirement income with so little time in the workforce before retirement so I hope you are able to bring a lot of money with you. Good luck

Which visa are you planning on getting? IIRC you are too old for some visas. As to whether you get a job or not, that depends on your qualifications and skill set and preparedness to go where there might be work but in general Australia can be very ageist and younger people will always have a better chance. You might also struggle to build up a decent retirement income with so little time in the workforce before retirement so I hope you are able to bring a lot of money with you. Good luck

am planning to go out on parents visa, will have good nhs pension and comfortable sum to buy home, have post graduate degree, would like some part time work to maintain interest

It's one of those piece of string questions really - you might get lucky or you might not. I'm not sure they will be clamouring for an old part timer when they can get a young full time new graduate (cheaper to run and better investment potential) but there is plenty of voluntary stuff on offer if you want to keep an active brain. Thought CPVs around 18 months lead up time these days so hope you have your application in.