SA to VIC

Guest RMNSJ

Guest RMNSJ

Hello All, not been on this forum that long so please forgive me if i ramble.

Let me introduce ourselves.

We are currently living in Adelaide about 40 mins out of city near beach. Whilst we love Australia we feel that Adelaide may not be for us.

Work is proving to be hard to find and being Londoners we are finding it a bit too quiet and well Adelaide seems to be Melbournes poorer sister.

Transferring my work should be ok ish but we are now starting the hunt for where to start looking.

Can anyone advise on places for a young family (2,4 & 6) to start looking? We just want to be about 35 or so mins from city and in a decent enough area (but yes affordable).

Can anyone kick us off where to start? Doing a recce over the border soon.

Regards

Mark

It depends what you mean by affordable really, and do you mean 30 mins from the city driving or on public transport? You could try somewhere like the south-east, which is more afforable, is a big growth corridor and the freeway takes you into the city from there, albeit a bit of beggar of a drive with the traffic. Check out Berwick/Cranbourne maybe? There are trains out that way. It's a good start. Gettable to everywhere in around and across the traffic system.

Guest RMNSJ

well around the 450k mark would be affordable and family orientated.

and i meant by car.

Help much appreciated

Have a read through the Vic Suburbs forum going back through it as a lot of suburbs have been discussed at length. A wealth of information.

Its very hard to assist you when we have no idea what you like or do not like, where you intend to work etc.

Melbourne is such a huge sprawling metropolis that one needs to hone in on an area.

Guest sieglinde00

If you work in the city or Melbourne west, you might want to look at Point Cook which is getting popular amongst young families.

Archived