Thousands of illegals trying to storm the UK border to cross into Britain.

Parley

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Britain and Australia should withhold aid to the countries which supply the most immigrants, to pay for their processing - whether they are allowed to remain or not should be treated on a case by case basis.

You mean the country of origin? Is that a for real question? I agree a case to case basis is the accepted formula.

What is the same is the desperation of humans in attempting to reach safety.

So help me understand.

They have got into Spain or France somehow.

Why are they not safe there ? Why should Britain accept them.

Similar to our problem in Australia where so called Asylum Seekers travel through numerous countries trying to get to the promised land.

Yes, from their country of origin. Therefore, western economies redirect their aid resources directly to those illegals and this means that the country of origin gets an incentive to get their house in order. And the immigrant is not a burden on host country resources.

This is a huge problem currently for the UK.

What should be done ?

First off, the UK should see people as people, not as "illegals". Defining someone by their immigration status is demeaning.

Secondly, illegal immigration is not a huge problem for the UK. Actually, and being very cynical, it is keeping the UK economy afloat. If you got rid of all illegal migrants, there would not be an office or hotel room in London that was clean. Amongst other things. Illegal immigrants do not claim benefits, do not annoy their neighbours, do not use the health service. They just do the work that nobody else wants to do. If anything, we should be taking steps to stop them being exploited, working for below minimum wage and not being given adequate leave or social care arrangements.

First off, the UK should see people as people, not as "illegals". Defining someone by their immigration status is demeaning.

Secondly, illegal immigration is not a huge problem for the UK. Actually, and being very cynical, it is keeping the UK economy afloat. If you got rid of all illegal migrants, there would not be an office or hotel room in London that was clean. Amongst other things. Illegal immigrants do not claim benefits, do not annoy their neighbours, do not use the health service. They just do the work that nobody else wants to do. If anything, we should be taking steps to stop them being exploited, working for below minimum wage and not being given adequate leave or social care arrangements.

It always amuses me on FB when people post meme's saying something about stopping illegal immigrants claiming benefits. Some don't understand the concept of illegal at all lol

I work in immigration and trust me any illegal immigrants that arrive in the UK that have arrived via a European country and had their finger prints taken in Europe at some point, will be sent back to that country for processing. Entry into the UK without the correct paperwork is an immigration offence. Claiming for asylum is not. The biggest concern I have is the number of Foreign Nationals we have living in the UK who have committed horrendous crimes at home and go undetected in the UK. Screening of these individuals should be higher at borders.

What is the same is the desperation of humans in attempting to reach safety.

Havent they reached safety by being in France ? Or are the benefits not as good as the UK there must be a reason they want to get into the UK and not stop in France or should the UK adopt a open door policy as well and just let any body in. You are quick to put everybody down who has a different view to yourself but you haven't come up with a credible alternative to solve the situation.

Yes, I have to ask the same question. Why do they all want to get into the UK from France.

According to the International news today, those interviewed by the BBC at "The Jungle" stated that it is because they are all English speakers. Apparently the ability to communicate is a priority for those interviewed. Not a mention of the prospects of availing themselves of benefits.

Some would say, "they would say that, wouldn't they?"

I work in immigration and trust me any illegal immigrants that arrive in the UK that have arrived via a European country and had their finger prints taken in Europe at some point, will be sent back to that country for processing. Entry into the UK without the correct paperwork is an immigration offence. Claiming for asylum is not. The biggest concern I have is the number of Foreign Nationals we have living in the UK who have committed horrendous crimes at home and go undetected in the UK. Screening of these individuals should be higher at borders.

True but even truer Is that here in Oz the lefties don't care what crimes may have been committed. Our first duty is to LET THEM IN! LET THEM ALL IN!