What a summer !

bunbury61

Good on ya! Been peeing down today so looking forward to some sun tomorrow. Everything feels better in the sun. We are coming for a visit in 2 and a half weeks for a wedding so can we order it to continue please?

Not a breathe of wind .....that's why the temps feel higher...the stats might say 20c but it feels a whole lot warmer than that ....all the woodland plants , where I walk the dog ,are very dry ...,cycle is speeding up .....very warm then heavy rain on dry ground . ....hence the flooding ....hope it hangs around for you

Yep sure has Bunbury61 - absolutely stunning today down in the SW, sounds the same for you. Last night I sat in my yard with a nice cold local Cider and I just simply sat there in the dusk which brought stunning evening skies listening to the bells toll from the local church. My head emptied .....then got back on PIO posting loads of photos of football stadiums !

It has been another lovely September.....the weather always seems to be nice in September.....apart from those 2 weeks at the end of August it has been a cracking spring/summer and now Autumn......however!.....the wife said today (or yesterday, cant remember) that some storm system is making its way up from Africa and is going to bring wind and storms starting in about 10 days time......dont know how accurate that can be.....time will tell....maybe I should ask Parley?? lol

It has been another lovely September.....the weather always seems to be nice in September.....apart from those 2 weeks at the end of August it has been a cracking spring/summer and now Autumn......however!.....the wife said today (or yesterday, cant remember) that some storm system is making its way up from Africa and is going to bring wind and storms starting in about 10 days time......dont know how accurate that can be.....time will tell....maybe I should ask Parley?? lol

Parley has some sort of special power - you should definitely ask him!

It's lovely here in Scotland too, actually supposed to be warmer here than where I've just came from! Woohoo :)

• 3 weeks later...
Still rolling on ..........driest september on record .............23 c. Today , not bad for the end of september

Spec-bloody-tacular isn't Bunbury? Still sitting outside eating the evening meals. Shorts and T-shirts this weekend just gone. Reminds me of late April/early May.....unfortunately..

I think that this summer just about would be the best since I got here in 2006. It just keeps going and going, I love it when it doesn't rain, wouldhave liked the temps to be up a bit but so long as it's not raining its a good day

As far as I am concerned this has been the best summer for weather in my lifetime (53 years). It has been dry but no droughts with long long periods of settled weather making advanced planning for things so easy. October now and no sign of needing heating yet.

Guest Guest 47403

After the wettest winter on record the UK needed a great summer glad it turned out OK hopefully you'll have another mild winter too.

After the wettest winter on record the UK needed a great summer glad it turned out OK hopefully you'll have another mild winter too.

Last winter was mild, just wet and that seems to be the trend, warmer wetter winters and hotter summers, I'd rather have cold, dry winters but not complaining too much. Not bad to be living in Scotland and still wearing summer clothes and no heating required in October!

I cant even remember when the last time I got caught in rain was and I dont drive, I walk everywhere!

No heating here either and windows have been open every night for months. So hot I am wearing shorts round the house.

As this will be our last winter here in the UK we were hoping for snow but this last 18 months has convinced me we wont see any this year.

• 2 weeks later...
It's been fabulous! Perfect weather for walking! 11 miles today! It's great to have comfortable days and comfortable nights - we haven't had stinking sweaty nights thank heavens.

We used to get a lot of those nights in Oxford, or so I thought until I moved to Australia. One of the things I miss most is being able to walk everyday. From around late November until late March walking outside here for long walks, at least, is pretty much verboten. My latest innovation is going to be a treadmill situated under an aircon vent - which detracts somewhat from the romance of the long country walk.

Edited by Scrutineer

As far as I am concerned this has been the best summer for weather in my lifetime (53 years). It has been dry but no droughts with long long periods of settled weather making advanced planning for things so easy. October now and no sign of needing heating yet.

Must say that there are signs this is going to be a very cold winter in the UK though, and also a very hot summer here as well. We'll have to wait and see, of course, but I won't be surprised if it's a cold winter judging by some of the natural indications.

Must say that there are signs this is going to be a very cold winter in the UK though, and also a very hot summer here as well. We'll have to wait and see, of course, but I won't be surprised if it's a cold winter judging by some of the natural indications.

I think we are going to get a cold winter too. We haven't had one in a while. I had to buy gloves the other day I was that cold!