Like Tree18Likes

Thread: One punch attack.

Title
      Loving my wife
      Liked
      19078 times
      Rep

One punch attack.

A British man has been jailed for three-and-a-half years for manslaughter after a one-punch attack on an alleged love rival sent the man crashing to the ground causing a massive brain injury.
      The moment Alexander Frew punched Matthew Welford was caught on security vision.

Video in link - http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wor...ecurity-video/

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      5600 times
      Rep
      Three and a half years doesn't sound long enough.

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      481 times
      Rep
      Three and a half years for killing someone? Not an accident? Not long enough by far.

My husbands nephew is currently in a brain injury center in the UK after suffering a 'one punch attack' in a pub, on some stairs. He fell back down and hit his head. Intensive care for a couple of weeks in a coma and now has quite a severe brain injury. He's 19 years old and has had his life ruined.

I do not understand why people do it, I really don't.

Title
      Liked
      358 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by nicolac34 View Post
      Three and a half years for killing someone? Not an accident? Not long enough by far.

My husbands nephew is currently in a brain injury center in the UK after suffering a 'one punch attack' in a pub, on some stairs. He fell back down and hit his head. Intensive care for a couple of weeks in a coma and now has quite a severe brain injury. He's 19 years old and has had his life ruined.

I do not understand why people do it, I really don't.
      Well, they aren't thinking rationally - the red mist just descends, and they are almost certainly the type of less-civilised person for whom the only way of resolving a conflict is physical violence.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      11478 times
      Rep
      I doubt he was meant to kill the guy, come on. If he punched him once i'm sure he didn't think that one punch would have knocked him out let alone kill him.
      I'm not condoning his actions btw, he's guilty of manslaughter for sure but i don't think anyone can foresee someone being killed with one punch... it has happened but the amount of times people get hit on a daily basis and most of them people don't die from it.
      Last edited by BritChickx; 18-12-2013 at 02:09 AM.

Title
      Liked
      358 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by BritChickx View Post
      I doubt he was meant to kill the guy, come on. If he punched him once i'm sure he didn't think that one punch would have knocked him out let alone kill him.
      I'm not condoning his actions btw, he's guilty of manslaughter for sure but i don't think anyone can foresee someone being killed with one punch... it has happened but the amount of times people get hit on a daily basis and most of them people don't die from it.
      Intent to kill is not required for a murder conviction (though it is for attempted murder), only the intent to cause grievous bodily harm (or that one could reasonably infer that death might occur), and you're right in that up till now prosecutors have not pressed for murder charges in these cases, but owing to the increasing number of people who are killed after one punch, usually after falling and hitting their head, that may change. If you punch someone when they are standing on a concrete steps or a road/pavement than I would say one could reasonably infer that death might occur.
      BritChickx likes this.

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      481 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by akiralx View Post
      Well, they aren't thinking rationally - the red mist just descends, and they are almost certainly the type of less-civilised person for whom the only way of resolving a conflict is physical violence.
      Most of the time it's not even conflict being resolved - I know in this situation the person was known to the attacker, but there are so many reports of it just being totally random. There is no conflict, it's just someone going around trying to find a victim to attack for no rhyme or reason.

In the case of our nephew he was just walking up the stairs and this guy who was stood on the stairs just lashed out and punched him in the head knocking him backwards down the stairs. He didn't know him, he hadn't looked at him 'funny', hadn't bumped into him or whatever other ridiculous reason they come up with, he just felt like causing someone else injury.

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      481 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by BritChickx View Post
      I think with the sheer volume of people being killed in king-hits or one punch attacks then someone could safely assume that they could be killed.
      paulv and BritChickx like this.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      5600 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by nicolac34 View Post
      I think with the sheer volume of people being killed in king-hits or one punch attacks then someone could safely assume that they could be killed.
      Problem is Nic the people doing the punching are not in any state to be thinking about what they are doing at the time. Nevertheless though if anyone throws a punch and it kills or maims someone the only way to send a message and hopefully reduce the number of senseless attacks is to dish out longer sentences than this guy is getting.

Title
      Loving my wife
      Liked
      19078 times
      Rep
      This guy acted in response to his wifes 'affair', king hitting is another subject totally.
      This guy went out to have it out with the guy lost control rage built up and he hit him, it was that fast and hard it knocked the other guy off his feet and sadly he bashed his head on hitting the ground, king hitters and the like do it out of 'gang/group' mentality,a bit of showing off with your mates - sad state of affairs but that's what the world as become in some places, hitting for fun is the new black.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast