Andy Murray sports personally of the year?

simmo

Well done Andy Murray I say, thoroughly deserved for what he's achieved and in a truly individual sport and the first Scotsman to win Wimbledon....no one else comes close.

Anyway if it was based purely on personality, how the hell did Nigel Mansell win it twice (for driving the fastest car) I've seen more personality from a cabbage.

Well done Andy Murray I say, thoroughly deserved for what he's achieved and in a truly individual sport and the first Scotsman to win Wimbledon....no one else comes close.

Anyway if it was based purely on personality, how the hell did Nigel Mansell win it twice (for driving the fastest car) I've seen more personality from a cabbage.

I am with you on this one, it does make me laugh we all moan every wimbledon when the brits get knocked out early doors and go on about 70 years where we have not won it, then Murray comes along and dismantles one of the greatest players of all time in the final after winning the US open and then people whinge because he has got no personality! Unbelievable, the bloke is arguably the best in the world at a sport which has got to be one of the toughest to get to the top, in my opinion he fully deserves all the credit he gets and shame on those who continually have a pop at him.

Guest Guest 47403

Totally deserved IMO first Brit to Wimbledon in years, coming form a nation (Great Britain) of shite tennis players.

I think he's just dry, can't see what the problem is tbh.

Edited by Guest 47403

I love Baz how the English now claim him as British - same old why Scotland wants Independence - he is Scottish and yes he does have a dry sense of humour but that is the Scottish way - did get very boring over the years hearing BBC say if England won it was English but if Scotland won it was British - time for a change maybe?

I love Baz how the English now claim him as British - same old why Scotland wants Independence - he is Scottish and yes he does have a dry sense of humour but that is the Scottish way - did get very boring over the years hearing BBC say if England won it was English but if Scotland won it was British - time for a change maybe?

Totally disagree. He IS British and such a reply makes us Scots sound like we have a chip on our shoulder. I'd hardly say the sense of humour differs between the Scots and English or Welsh or any of the UK countries. We are all much the same IMO.

Well done to Andy Murray!! Just because he talks will a dull voice, doesn't mean he has no personality. He was rightly awarded for his achievements in a sport, the same way as every other person who has won this award in the past. This award is not handed out for being friendly of funny but being good at a SPORT, which no one can deny him of!

Yep, if all Scots had your attitude ( which according to polls they don't ) then i would agree, time for a change without a doubt.