Toyota Landcruiser equivilant

Guest Bonniebuster

Guest Bonniebuster

Hi

We have been lloking at vehicles in preparation for our move. Does anyone what vehicle in Oz is the equivilant to the Landcruiser Invincible, as the spec's in Aus do not appear to be the same.

Be grateful for any advice.

• 1 month later...

Have no idea what an "invincible" is but I have a collection of landcruisers.

A 75 series would be like a 3 series Landrover, farm equipment (they go forever but rust badly)

80 series, bit more modern, not what you'd call luxurious

100 and 200 series are a bit more up there, but bear in mind these are all kind of like the Defender; boofed up farm cars, very, very capable off road but not really that comfortable.

If you're simply after a large vehicle they do the Kluger which has the same sort of body, but I don't think it's got a bog cog and will therefore be useless in the poo. I have a Prado as the main car which is fantastic off road and very comfortable on it, drives like a road car except with a bit of body roll, maybe not the underbody clearance of the other models.

And you haev your normal array of DX GX GXL etc levels of trim. They have many pdf brochures on the toyota website which should show you what's the most comparable.

Just had a quick flick on a couple of UK websites, one has an Invincible which looks a bit like a 200 series, but other ones have the Prado.

If you go secondhand watch out as a lot or mine lease companies run them and they'll be flogged. I reckon they're fantastic cars though.

Guest cazbeckham

We bought a Toyota Prado Grande when we arrived here in Oz last October and cannot faulty the vehicle. It is great off road as it has a comfort setting for the suspension and really does make a difference on bumpy roads.

We took a long time looking at 4x4 and decided that the Prado had it all for us.

We only had a little Fiesta Ghia X in the UK so this car now is a real luxury and we love it.

Guest Bonniebuster

Many thanks for your replys, most helpful. If you can reccomend any good wesites for looking at vehicles for sale both new and used that would be most helpful. We will be arriving in Melbourne area.

Guest cazbeckham

We just looked up on the Toyota Website for the dealers in the area we were staying and went to see them

Archived