Shipping company?

Guest samjoshua

Guest samjoshua

Hey all,

We have done a bit of searching and haven't yet found anyone suitable to move our belongings to australia. Between the OH and I, we only have a room full of stuff, like loads of clothes, cd's, lot's of books, and 1 bicycle. We don't have any furniture to move so that's good, but every company we look at only seems to be interested in selling us huge containers. We only need a few boxes really. When I left Sydney to come back home, a company came over my house, dropped off some boxes, then picked them up a few days later and shipped them for me. Is there such a company here? I'm in Manchester by the way.

Cheers

Sam

Guest Misty

Have you tried Atlantis? We used the Birmingham office and found them to be very helpful (mind, we have only been here a few weeks and so it hasn't actually arrived at this end yet!). We did move furniture, but we did some of the packing ourselves, and they dropped off boxes for us to use etc.

International Removals | Shipping to Spain | Australia | New Zealand | Portugal | Overseas Removals

Cheryl

Guest snow white

hi sam

we used doree bonner twice once for a full container and once for part of a shared container never had a problem give them a call and see what they say

lesley x

Guest Guest1

Anchor removals in Bolton did ours it all went on 40ft container loaded in trafford park this afternoon including car. could have got more in container though, but were going to perth. flying at end of this month.

Guest pdqkwaker

Hi Sam.

We have been in Perth since Jan and love it. We had all stuff arrive at the end of April (which will give you an idea of how long it took to come over). I would say that 60% of all breakable stuff got broke. We used Anglo-Pacific. DO NOT USE THEM. Our stuff got tossed arround like a rugby ball. The madening thing was some of our wedding presents from years ago got broke and we cant get replacements here. Please, Please, Please do not use Anglo Pacific. Insurance would cover the cost but some things just cant be replaced.

:arghh:

Hi Daz and Gill, I noticed in your post you mentioned that you were shipping your car over. Would you mind me asking if it is a swish kind of car or just your family one, and what it cost? I have heard that buying second hand cars over there is really expensive and someone suggested shipping ours over but we just have a 4 year old Zafira so weighing up the pros and cons financially. Thanks!!! ....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi yes i would be interested in knowing about shipping my car. I have a Volkswagen Passat which is just 4 years old last month. Believe that Volkswagens are expensive in Oz due to them being european cars.

Also i applied for a visa June 2008 (skilled visa). The immigration department in Adelaide took the money from my credit card in October 2008 but i believe that we havent even been allocated a case officer yet even though my OH skill is still on the critical skills list.

If we changed to a 176 (state sponsored visa) i have been told if we are accepted you more or less go to the top of the qeue.

Does anyone know the main differences between these two visas as to be honest i am sick of waiting and reading peoples comments on this forum it seems that people that have applied since ourselves have already had their visa come through so dont know what's happening there. Please help.

Debbie :arghh:

Guest Lee and Tracy
Hi yes i would be interested in knowing about shipping my car. I have a Volkswagen Passat which is just 4 years old last month. Believe that Volkswagens are expensive in Oz due to them being european cars.

Also i applied for a visa June 2008 (skilled visa). The immigration department in Adelaide took the money from my credit card in October 2008 but i believe that we havent even been allocated a case officer yet even though my OH skill is still on the critical skills list.

If we changed to a 176 (state sponsored visa) i have been told if we are accepted you more or less go to the top of the qeue.

Does anyone know the main differences between these two visas as to be honest i am sick of waiting and reading peoples comments on this forum it seems that people that have applied since ourselves have already had their visa come through so dont know what's happening there. Please help.

Debbie :arghh:

Hi Debbie

Only difference is you have to stay in the state that sponsors you for 2yrs. We recently changed from a 175 to a 176. it took 2 weeks to be accepted by Victoria and we then got a case officer a fortnight later so it does seem to really push things along. Hope this helps if you want any more info send us a message.

Lee

Guest Lee and Tracy

Hi Debbie

You can apply to any state you want as long as your skill is on their list as each state wants different trades. We were going to Melbourne anyway so thats why we applied to Victoria.

I cant beleive how quick everything moved on once we applied for it. Once you are accepted by a state they send a form to the immigration people and it changes automatically to a 176 so its quite easy.

We didnt use an agent so dont know how you go about it if you have.

Hope this helps.

Lee

Guest sailorrae

emma ,re notice for shipping - i have had a few quotes from different companys & they all say 2weeks advanced noticed would be enough , but i think the more advace notice would help reduce the stress levels for you . we have had a quote to ship my entire house in a 40ft container to adelaide from scotland £3,800 thats all insurance , & immigation in adelaide & thats door to door . they stay 2 days to pack away my house in a container in my driveway , & 13weeks to get there , thats with Pickfords they offered the best professional service out of all the others . hope to be moving in March .things are movin rather fast @ the moment so just waiting for our medicals thats the next step . hope this may be a help for you .

Archived