driving test in oz or the uk ??????

tazbear

Hi everyone my OH is thinking of buying himself a motor bike when we arrive in perth (JAN 2009) but hasnt passed his bike test (yep a little mid life crisis) does anyone know what the test is like over in oz or would it be worth while doing it here in the UK before we arrive .The cost and content of the test if anyone knows thanks for any help :notworthy:Julia

Do it in the UK, get it added to your UK licence and then it will just be a case of getting an aussie one which will give you same permissions as UK one.

My OH passed his bike licence 2 wks before we moved here to Oz. As soon as he received his certificate we raced down to the DVLA in Swansea (we were from Hertfordshire), requested the special fast track change of licence details then a week later raced back down there to pick it up!

My 17 yr old son also passed his driving test 2 wks before we moved here!! When we went to get his aussie licence we expected them to put him onto a 'P' plate but he was given a full driving licence - free to go! His new aussie mates are not a happy bunch in that they have got to have a test, 2 yrs on a 'P' plate then another test before they can get their licence :spinny:

Talk about do everything last minute :swoon:

Lyn x

Guest cbr1100XX
Do it in the UK, get it added to your UK licence and then it will just be a case of getting an aussie one which will give you same permissions as UK one.

My OH passed his bike licence 2 wks before we moved here to Oz. As soon as he received his certificate we raced down to the DVLA in Swansea (we were from Hertfordshire), requested the special fast track change of licence details then a week later raced back down there to pick it up!

My 17 yr old son also passed his driving test 2 wks before we moved here!! When we went to get his aussie licence we expected them to put him onto a 'P' plate but he was given a full driving licence - free to go! His new aussie mates are not a happy bunch in that they have got to have a test, 2 yrs on a 'P' plate then another test before they can get their licence :spinny:

Lyn x

Hi

I would agree with this. A colleague of mine from Germany had a restricted license from Germany and went in to the RTA to get it recognised for Oz and they gave him an unrestricted license. He was well chuffed.

cbr...

Talk about do everything last minute :swoon:

Archived